The Diadem

We stayed like that for hours, and when I'd fallen asleep he picked me up and put me in bed.

He went back over to the sofa and looked at the box in front of him.

The box was beautiful, though it looked old, I'd also looked inside before putting it in my purse and the diadem was even prettier

What woke me up was the familiar blood curdling scream that Tom made whenever he does whatever godforsaken spell he's doing.

"TOM! I swear to god!"

"Sorry..."

"No, you're not, if you were sorry you wouldn't keep making that godforsaken sound!"

"What sound?"

"That scream you make every time you cast that damned spell!"

"Oh, that sound. Yeah I kinda can't help that, it's painful."

"Then why keep doing it?"

"I have my reasons"

"If you ruined that diadem Tom, so help me god!"

"It's fine!"

I'd been laying on the bed the entire conversation, looking up at the ceiling in frustration. When I sat up, there was a dead body laying on the floor in between the sofa and the wooden table.

The man was just laying there, wide eyed and unblinking, in front of the glass table.

"Of course there's a corpse in our hotel room, why wouldn't there be? I can't fall in love with a normal man, NOOOOOO, I have to fall in love with the psycho serial killer!"

"Ok, that was rude!"

"Tell me where I'm wrong and I will apologize profusely!"

"I'm not playing this game with you"

"Yeah, because you know I'm right. Who is he?" I asked, pointing at the man on our floor.

"No idea"

"That's lovely, now we're killing RANDOM people! Not just people who've wronged us in some sort of way, just random people walking down the road."

"The attitude is getting annoying, maybe you'll be my next victim."

"Nice try Tom, I know you won't kill me."

"And why would that be? You've irritated me enough to consider it."

"You love me.... You won't kill me."

"Who said I love you?"

"You did, before your bloody scream that could wake the dead! Thankfully HE'S still deceased, that would be an awkward fucking conversation!"

"ENOUGH!"

When he looked up at me, his eyes were red which made me assume he was angry.

"You don't need to get mad at me, I know I'm frustrated at the moment but there's no need to get mad."