Thanksgiving special

I woke up looked at the time, it was only 8:30 so I could sleep for another 2 hours cause I was meeting at mitsuri's place for thanksgiving at 4:30 to set up and help out with anything else she needs.

So I took a quick hour nap.

Then I got ready for the day and decided to wear something a little more festive

I actually felt like I looked pretty good.

I was thinking of what to make.

I was making mashed potatoes, corns, and a foods that my family added to thanksgiving. It is the most delicious dish and everyone in my family would go nuts over it. It's originally called funeral potato casserole. But we just called it potato surprise.

(Fun fact: this is actually based on my life. Potato surprised is my favorite dish and I had it this thanksgiving it was so good!)

The mashed potatoes and corn were easy to make. It took a while for the potato surprise. But soon I finished wrapped it and waited to go to mitsuri place.

🍁————————————————————————🍁

I got two text at the same time.

It was Obanai and shinobu.

Snake boi 🐍:
I guess I'll come. Can you tell me where it is?

Me:
Yeah. It's at mitsuri's place. Do you need her address?

Snake boi 🐍:
No I already have her address. See you there.

Then I texted shinobu

Butterfly nurse🦋:
So me and kanao talked about it and we both agreed to come.

Me:
That's wonderful! I'm so happy your coming. We can both go together when I have to leave.

Butterfly nurse🦋:
Okay! Just knock on the door when it's time.

Then I put my phone down and double checked if I got everything. I had a little bit so I decided to drop by the supermarket before it closes and grab some apple cider.

On the way I ran into tanjiro.

"Oh hello y/n!"

"Hey tanjiro!"

"What brings you here?"

"Oh me, mitsuri, and a couple of close friends don't really have a family to celebrate thanksgiving so we are doing a Friendsgiving type of thing. I just came to get some apple cider."

"Oh well that sounds fun, I actually came for the same reason!"

We chatted as we looked for the apple cider. We found it and payed for them. I wish him a happy thanksgiving and went back to my place.

🍁————————————————————————🍁

It was time so I packed the food and drinks. Then I walked out and knocked on shinobu's door.

They both came out wearing really cute fall attire

"Aww~ you both look great!"

"Thank you y/n! You don't look to bad yourself!"

"Hehe thanks. Come on I called a driver to take us to mitsuri's place."

We went down the elevator and got into our ride. Soon we arrived at mitsuri's house.

She opened the door when I knocked

"Y/n!"

She hugged me Then looked next to me

"Oh hi kocho! Hi kanao!"

"Hello~"

Kanao just waved.

We all went inside, and I helped mitsuri get everything ready.

🍁————————————————————————🍁

Everybody soon started to arrive

Inosuke, Obanai, Genya and sanemi, all the uppermoons.

I was so happy I made a lot of food I was worried I made to much but I think I made plenty.

Soon everybody was getting the food they wanted, along with some apple cider.

We all sat down and said grace. Then we all started to eat.

While I was eating. I just took a moment to appreciate the moment.

I was thinking how much I missed my family, which I do a lot. But this moment made me so happy that I wished it never ended. Seeing all of them smiling, laughing. My heart felt so full and content at that moment.

Later we all where having dessert which was a pie me and mitsuri made in baking class.

I was outside looking at the sky.

"You know the party is inside?"

I heard a voice and saw Obanai

"Oh I know just want to star gaze for a while."

"You wouldn't mind if I joined you right?"

"Of course not."

He joined me and we were quite for 10 minutes

"So, what made you want to star gaze? I know there's more to it then just wanting to star gaze."

"Your right. I was just thinking how much I miss my parents (and siblings) but I was also thinking about how lucky I am to have friends like you guys. Hanging out with you all eases the sadness and pain. thank you."

"Hm. I think it's the other way around, we are all lucky to have a friends like you."

"I don't think so. But whatever helps you sleep at night."

Then we went back inside and continued to socialize.

🍁————————————————————————🍁

Me, shinobu, and kanao soon arrived to the apartments. We wished each other goodnight and went into our apartments.

I did my daily night routine. Took a shower, brush my teeth and hair, got dressed. Then i finally jumped into bed. I then went to slept.

🍁————————————————————————🍁