Chapter 8

ESTER Mikaelson wasn't planning on seeing Wanda Maximoff come willingly to her house

ESTER Mikaelson wasn't planning on seeing Wanda Maximoff come willingly to her house.  It was quite a surprise when Elijah barged into her room and announced that her presence was requested in the living room.  She had spent all this time trying to figure out how to lure the witch to her, but there she was, right in front of her.

"I need answers," Wanda spoke after a beat of hesitation.  There was no going back now, she had to figure out why she was here, and she wasn't leaving empty-handed.

" To what, dear?"

Wanda looked around hesitantly. She didn't feel like airing out her past in front of a room full of Original vampires. Elijah, having sensing her unease, spoke up.

" Mother, why don't you show her to your study?"

" What a wonderful suggestion," Ester beamed and made a move to the stairs. " Come," she beackoned Wanda. With one last look at the living room—Rebekah giving her a reassuring nod, Klaus going back to drawing, and Kol staring at her with curiosity in his eyes— she turned and followed Ester up the grand staircase.

When they got to the top, Ester led Wanda into her study. Wanda noted that the lingering scent of sage was still present in the room when Elena went to the room to talk to her. The witch was curious to know what the two women talked about, but left it alone after she noted the distress on Elena's face after she left the room last night.

" Ms. Maximoff, I assume you are wondering why you are here?" Ester questioned after giving Wanda time to glance around the room. Ester hoped that Wanda wouldn't piece together her plan, but she knew it was unlikely as Wanda wasn't a traditional witch. Wanda's head snapped up at her.

How did she know?

It was like Ester was reading her mind as she let out a chuckle.

" I could sense the very moment you stepped foot into Mystic Falls, your powers reached out to mine," Ester began," It was like a shift in power when you came here... Because of this, the balance of Mystic Falls is disrupted." Wanda narrowed her eyes in suspicion, it seemed like Ester was hiding something as Wanda's telepathy picked up on something.

" Wanda, we are two sides of the same coin," Ester started up again," We need to work together."

" Not when you are trying to kill them," Wanda stated, referring to the Mystic Falls gang. Sure, she didn't like any of them, but they were just kids; barely over the age of 18.

" If it is Matt who you are worried about, he will not be harmed... I promise. My family and I have not made any attempt to try to hurt him" Ester claimed, she would promise almost anything if it meant getting Wanda on her side. Her power would help her get the energy needed to kill her children.

" I am not here to talk about alliances," Wanda stated avoiding the topic. She knew she wanted to protect Matt, both mentally and physically, so her protection had to extend to his friends.