Chapter 9

IN the middle of the woods, Ester and Finn Mikaelson stood, surrounded by their family and foes

IN the middle of the woods, Ester and Finn Mikaelson stood, surrounded by their family and foes. In normal circumstances, they would've been outnumbered, but the witches Ester was challenging though the Bennet bloodline were on their side. Wanda and Elena had just arrived on the scene as they made a move to stand near their friends. Matt, who Wanda just noticed who was there too, was looking at the pair worriedly. He hadn't heard from both of them since the morning, but Wanda, sensing his wordiness, gave him a reassuring nod, which he returned. The ginger witch turned her attention of the scene in front of her as the three Mikaelson brothers and sister stood facing off their mother.

Not heading his mother's words that they could not enter, Kol approached the pentagram in an effort to stop his mothers' wrath, but the surrounding torches flared up bright, driving him back.

" That's lovely. We're stuck out here, while the favorite son plays sacrificial lamb." Kol quips, trying to get a reaction from one of the two. "How pathetic you are, Finn."

" Be quiet, Kol. Your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine." Ester finally comments after her youngest son berated her older one.

" Whatever you think of us, killing your own children will be an atrocity." Elijah spoke up after a moment. He knew that his mother was acting suspicious, but no one could have guessed that she would go as far as to plan to kill her sons and daughter.

"My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago."

"Enough. All this talk is boring me. End this now, Mother, or I'll send you back to Hell." The ever-impatient Klaus chimed in.

"All of you. You're a curse on this Earth. Stretched out over generations. If you've come to plead for your life, I'm sorry, you've wasted your time." Ester spoke cryptically.

" Wait, all of us? What does that mean," Caroline spoke up from beside Wanda which caused the attention to shift on her.

" If I want the balance of this world to be restored, I need to eradicate the lineage starting with every supernatural creature in this town. You all drank the champagne, therefore you are all linked." Ester revealed her plan to the group. The members of the recent inhibitors of Mystic Falls looked at each other in horror. They would have never helped Ester if it meant warranting each other's death.

" But how? You don't have the power to wipe off all supernatural creatures," Bonnie spoke, she knew that Ester was powerful, but she didn't have the power to desiccate an entire species.

" I do not, but this does," Ester smirked, as she held up an orange, glowing stone. " Recognize this, Ms. Maximoff?" There, in the oldest witches hand, was the soul stone. The soul stone that had taken Gamora's and Natasha's lives back in her reality.

" I don't understand, how do you have that?" Wanda's voice got caught in her throat as she looked at the stone. The stone reminded her of the past that she so desperately wanted to forget.