Chapter 11

WANDA had been busy all week

WANDA had been busy all week. After leaving the Mikaelson Manor, she met with Matt and he informed her that Stefan had been forced to give up the white oak stakes which could kill the Originals. Wanda was surprised when Damon had called her up, asking for help with something regarding Alaric. She figured that Damon had a change of heart due to the fact that she tried to help in the bear traps. As she and Matt made their way to Alaric's apartment, where Damon said they should meet, they heard the two adults conversation as it drifted in the hallway.

"Ah, he's still alive," Alaric chimed, referring to the previous events of Damon's encounter with the Mikaelsons.

" Yeah, for now. I need your stake," Damon pointed, getting straigth to the point. The terms of his release were that they had to bring the Mikaelson's 11 stakes while Stefan only gave him Alaric nodded and went over to a shelf, pulling back some books. At that moment, Wanda and Matt made their entrance and found Alaric rooting through his bookshelf.

"It's right behind these books here."

"A bookshelf, really?" Damon mocks from his spot near the desk.

"At least I was trying to be clever about it," Alaric retorted, who then muttered to himself "Where the hell is it?" Damon, with his supernatural hearing, heard the comment, and laughed it off.

" Ha ha ha. Look harder, Ric."

" It's not here, Damon." Now, both men were rooting through the selves, trying to find the last stake.

" Maybe you should've kept it somewhere that wasn't in plain sight," Matt interjected, bringing the two's attention to the blonde and Wanda.

" I put it here, I'm sure of it," Alaric said, trying to recall what happened to the stake. Wanda could see him struggling, so she ebbed into his head slowly.

Alaric stood near the bookshelf. He rooted around for a bit before he grabbed a hold of the white oak stake. Upon realizing he found it, a malicious grin adorned his face. After a moment, Alaric leaves the apartment.

Wanda was suddenly ejected from Alaric's head, which left her with a confused look on her face. She told the others what she saw and upon doing so, Damon and Alaric looked at each other worriedly. Wanda caught the look and looked at them accusingly.

" What are you not telling us?"

Alaric grabbed his car keys as he started to make his way towards the door.

" Come with us, we will tell you on the way." And the four of them set off towards the boarding house.

During the ride, Damon informed Wanda and Matt that Alaric had an alter-ego who was created because of the Gilbert ring. He told them that since the ring had brought Alaric back so many times, that every time he died, his mind was altered to kill just like Elena's ancestor, Samantha Gilbert, did. When they arrived at the house, Elena and Stefan were already there and lead Alaric down to a cellar. Wanda went to protest, not liking how they were locking him up, but Alaric stopped her.