Chapter 12

WANDA found herself in a clearing of some sort, with overarching trees surrounding her

WANDA found herself in a clearing of some sort, with overarching trees surrounding her. Kol stood beside her, seeming to recognize where they stood. Before Wanda could ask him about it, she saw a boy with shoulder-length hair sitting in the clearing. Upon closer inspection, she realized he was reading something; a grimoire.

" Whose that?" the witch asked curiously. He looked familiar, but something about him seemed more... innocent.

" Me," Kol replied absent-mindedly as he stared at his younger self. His younger-self looked so carefree, so content with his witchcraft

" You're a witch?" Wanda asked after a beat. Kol looked at her before hesitantly replying.

" I was a witch," He said, "But that side of me died out when I became a vampire. In nature, you can not be both." They both went back to watching a boy who managed to levitate a leaf off the clearing floor.

" Nik, Elijah look!" younger Kol shouted to his brothers who came running into the clearing. His two brothers merely spared the young boy a glance, and the youngest of the two approached him.

" Father is not going to like this, Kol. You should not waste your time on a craft made for women," Klaus said, not wanting Kol to feel the wrath of his father that he felt daily. Kol's smile slowly transformed into a frown at the comment. He just wanted to impress his older brothers. "Besides, if it is made for women, how hard can levitating a leaf be?" Klaus continued.

" I would like to see you try, Nik," Kol snapped back, agitated about Klaus' offhand comments.

" I cannot."

"Do not discredit women, Klaus. Women are far more capable in magic than men."

" Never knew you were such a feminist," Wanda commented to the older Kol who threw her a half glare.

" I was simply just speaking the truth. Look at you compared to him," Kol commented. " Two kinds of magic flows through his veins yet here you stand; able to take him down with a snap of your finger." Wanda hummed in acknowledge at the sort-of compliment, and their attention went back to the scene. However, their surroundings blurred, and they found themselves in a house illuminated by candles.

" How romantic," Kol jested, turning to look at the witch beside him. Wanda rolled her eyes at the comment and decided to ignore the quip. She had to admit, she was starting to see the youngest Mikaelson a bit differently now. Don't get her wrong, she still believed he was capable of snapping her neck and walking away guilt-free, but she didn't need to read his mind to figure out that his feelings of being left out and forgotten still affected him to this day. Both supernatural beings made their way forward, deeper into the house, to see where the light was coming from.

In the center of a large room stood Ester with various candles surrounding her. Kol and Wanda heard a shuffle coming from their left, and they saw a slightly older Kol looking at his mother, hiding from view.