Chapter 14

BY the time Wanda got to the gym with Damon, the party was at full swing

BY the time Wanda got to the gym with Damon, the party was at full swing.  The witch had to applaud Caroline; she truly made the theme come alive.  From a distance, she could see Elena and Stefan slow dancing to the music, as well as Caroline and Tyler having a conversation.  Wanda wasn't aware that the hybrid was back in town; especially after Klaus told him to leave.  Since Wanda didn't want to dress up alone, she forced the older Salvatore to wear a 20s inspired suit while Wanda sported a red and black flapper dress with her hair straightened.  Damon, spotting Elena and Stefan finally getting along, decided to interrupt as he dragged the witch to them.

"Us four need to talk." Damon demanded, stopping the "couple" from dancing.  With a roll of their eyes, all four departed the gym into a secluded hallway.

" If Alaric is sick then we need to find a cure. Something." Elena stated, worried about her father figure.

"We tried medicine, we tried magic." Damon said.  So far, nothing worked to get Alaric back to normal." Can't Wanda get inside of his head?" Elena suggested, finally including the witch into the conversation.

" I could try, but the process to get him back to normal would be painful and might have other side-effects." Wanda answered. 

"Like?"

" Memory loss, loss of bodily functions, confusion.." Wanda

" That's not too bad," Damon interuppted, cutting the witch off.

"--Death."

" Okay, so not an option."

"Why don't we get him off vervain, compel him?" Stefan piped in, bringing another idea to the table.

" What? To pretend to be Alaric? The guy that we know is gone. We're talking about someone who not only hates vampires, but vampire sympathizers. Which makes one of his most obvious targets: I don't know, you!" Damon ranted, finishing his statment by pointing at Elena. "I'm suggesting that we put him out of his misery."

"What?!" Another voice spoke up from the dim lights of the hallway.  "No, no way in hell!" Jermey speaks up, inching closer to the group.

"Oh come on, It's what he would want. It's a mercy killing." Damon tried to reason (which he was horrible at).

"You are out of your mind!" Jermey shot back."Jeremy..." Elena calls after him as he starts leaving, causing his sister to follow him outside.

" That went well," Wanda stated sarcastically to the two remaining vampires.

" Look, I was just being realistic." Damon replied back as Stefan rolled his eyes.

" Well maybe refrain from saying that stuff infront of the two kids that lost their parents, aunts, uncle/father, and maybe now Alaric." The witch informed.