Chapter 13

IT was two days after the group returned from Denver that things seemed to be settling down

IT was two days after the group returned from Denver that things seemed to be settling down.  Damon had seemed mopier than usual, but no matter how hard the witch pressed, he never answered why.  Although, she didn't need her psychic powers to figure out it had something to do with a certain doppelgänger.  Said doppelgänger and Caroline were working on the annual decades dance (which always seemed to go wrong) and tried to enlist the help of Wanda which she declined.  She had refused to go out after promising Kol that she would help him break the news of Henrik's murder to his siblings.  It's not like she was scared, but she wasn't jumping at the chance to be in a room with 3, angry Original's after she saw Kol's reaction.  She had resumed her position on Matt's couch and was flipping through the channels.  After informing Matt of the drama that occurred, he agreed that she should spend the rest of the week in solitude. Just as she found a channel, her phone rang cutting though the white-noise. 

" What?" She sighed, getting to the point and not even checking the caller ID.

" Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today," Quipped an annoyingly familiar voice.  Wanda groaned as she heard Damon's voice.  She knew that it meant one of two things: 1) Damon was in trouble, or 2) Damon caused the trouble.

" Thinking about me in bed, Salvatore? Sorry, you're not my type," She shot back. " Now, what do you want?"

" It's Alaric.  I want you to read his mind.  I found the herbs that Bonnie gave him to control the side effects of the Gilbert ring.  They were untouched," Damon said, his tone becoming more serious.  Wanda sat up at this.  Just when things were finally settling down, problems pick up again.

" Well, we can't just ambush him, he'll know something is up if he sees me," Wanda pondered. 

" The decades dance.  He has to chaperon it since he is still, technically, a teacher there. And you, will be coming with me."

" Damon Salvatore, are you asking me to the dance?" Wanda cheered in a faux enthusiastic tone. 

" Yeah, yeah, whatever.  The dance is at 6 at the gym of the high school.  Don't be late." And with that, the vampire hung up on her without another word.  Wanda scoffed at the audacity and turned her attention back to the screen, where Tom and Jerry was playing in the background.

" Thinking of bedding the oldest Salvatore, witch?" Came a voice from behind her.  Her reflex training from Steve kicked in and she was on her feet in an instant, scarlet waves of power encasing the body and thrusting it in the air.

" First of all, ew and second of all, it's not your business," Wanda spat.  Besides, she wasn't over Vision.  That unconscious thought crept into her mind and she stilled.  Vision. She hadn't thought about him since the acquisition of the soul stone.   She knew what Vision would say in this scenario: that she deserved to find happiness and to stop mourning him and move on with her life.  But she couldn't.  She snapped out of her internal battle and turned her attention back to Kol.  Her magic flickered as she finally released him, dropping him unceremoniously on the floor, but thanks to his quick reflexes, he landed on two steady feet.