40

(Please read the A.N at the end)

I wait.

That's something I have don't since the day I was born.

Waiting.

Waiting for each punch, each slap and each harsh word.

But now, I'm waiting for Sebastian. Someone who can take care of me, show me how to be loved like family.

"Pluto?" I whisper. "I know I'm going to sound crazy but you're a good boy. I've had you what like a week and I'd rather have grown up with you than my own darn mother."

There were times where she deceived me- well who am I kidding, she deceived me my whole childhood.

As I wait in the living room for my mother to return from work I wonder what she'll do next. What will I do to set her off.

Sometimes I want to know, sometimes I'd rather just let it happen. I hear the door open and close, I look back to see my mother. "Oh sweetie, hello dear" she does a small wave.

"Hi" I shyly say. "Did you have a good day at school?" She asks taking off her coat.

"It was alright, I guess." I shrug. "Baby don't shrug" she states sitting next to me. "Andrew and I are going to give you a special treat tonight. To celebrate" she scrunches her nose and chuckles.

"W-what are we celebrating?" I chuckle nervously. "You're always needy to ask for reasons Lilian. Can't you just accept that we're doing something special?" She smiles.

I smile and nod. "Sorry"

"Good" she states standing up swiftly before making her exit upstairs.

"Hey you alright?" Sebastian asks walking back into the room with a pot noodle. "Yeah I just" I look down. "Just lost in thought. I guess" I look back up making eye contact with him.

He sighs intently, then sits on the edge of the bed passing me the pot. "You shouldn't be worrying about this you know. But I know this is scary" he rubs my leg trying to settle me.

"Sebastian... you left me in the beginning of my police investigation, you don't know everything they've done" I sigh shaking my head.

A guilty and regretful look shines on his face, he looks down. "I know and I'm sorry I just- I had to throw up after what you said first then I needed to be alone. I know it's not what you wanted or needed but I don't think you wanted to see me have a breakdown"

He's doing this with me. But it's not just me...

I'm his niece... he's watching his niece go through something that his sister has caused. He's in pain because of it...

"You can feel things Seb..." I whisper. "You don't have to be afraid. I'm sorry I just- I didn't realise this is your problem too"

Knowing that Sebastian breaks down because of me, because of my problems hurts because I've hurt him. Like I do with everyone.

"Eat your pot noodle, and if you're up for it, come watch a movie? We can go for a walk, and slash or we can play a board game until Sam wakes up and you both talk about shit" he chuckles as he finishes. "Okay" I nod. Sebastian smiles and nods, he can't stop smiling as he leaves my room.

"Sweetie! Come downstairs! Andy is home" my mother shouts from downstairs. "Okay" I state standing up from my bed. I'm nervous because they never really celebrate anything with me.

"Mother?" I state walking downstairs, all the lights are off and it's quite chilly. I lose my footing and slip down the stairs but when I hit the bottom, I see my mother stood at the top of the stairs.