Chapter 06

Few days later.. Wonwoo had fully recovered and he can go to school again. School without him had been so hectic and lonely. Everyone bullies me and there's no Wonwoo to defend me.

But I should get used to it. There will be no more Wonwoo who'll stand up against my bullies after this. I'll be all by myself soon. I should stop being dependent on Wonwoo.

And so, today will be the very last day I meet Wonwoo. I'll transfer to another school tomorrow. I haven't tell him, my heart feels so heavy to tell him about me moving to another school. I don't want to tell him earlier so that he could just act normal because I know that he'll be sad once I tell him about it.

As usual, Wonwoo is talking to me right now. He's smiling, laughing and giggling. I'm sure gonna miss his smile, his laugh and his face. I'm also gonna miss his stare. I like it so much when he's talking and also staring deep into my eyes. He hates it when I'm not looking straight into his eyes whenever he's talking.

He's so cute.

But..

A fat girl like me don't deserve him.

I made his daily life at school a mess, hectic, painful and tiring. I am the reason behind all those bad things. He sprained his ankle the other day.. That was actually too much.. And all that just because he wanted to save me.

I can't be with him.

I'm just a burden.

A bad luck.

He shouldn't be my friend in the first place.

I guess I was too greedy and desperate to have a friend.

But then again, I'm fat. Why would fat people need friend? Everyone hates fat people. Everyone are scared of fat people. Fat people are cute? That only happens in movies and dramas. In real life, fat people are probably the most pathetic one.

Not forgetting that I'm ugly.

Fat and ugly.

What a perfect combination.

Class will start in fifteen more minutes.

"Hey! Are you even listening, Aru?" Wonwoo snapped his tiny finger infront of my ugly face. I quickly shook my head as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Yeah, of course." I smiled.

-

"Let's go to the cafeteria." I offered him while grinning. Wonwoo who was walking while holding my wrist suddenly stopped and gave me a befuddled look.

"Are you sure? Why do you suddenly wanna eat lunch there?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

Because today will be the last day of me attending this school. At least, I wanna experience eating lunch at the cafeteria with you. We never had the chance to eat there because of the bullies.

"I just.. I wanted to eat there, please." I hold his hand a little tighter.

He took a moment to think.

"Alright."

We headed to the cafeteria and lined up to get our foods. People are starting to mumbling and without doubt and hesitation, I am pretty much sure that they're mumbling about me being fat and ugly.

It's okay, Aru.

Only for today.

When we finally got our lunch, we both took seats.

"Aru.. Are you sure?" Wonwoo whispered.

"Hm." I nodded my head and started eating.

Wonwoo feels so uneasy about them talking about us and even glaring us. I ignored every single thing they did and just enjoy my food.

"Wonwoo ah."

"Yes?"

"Promise me that you will make friends starting from tomorrow, okay?" I smiled with an eyebrow raised. Wonwoo gave me a baffled look as he slightly tilted his head to the side.

That's cute.

I will surely miss his blank face expression.

"Why, Aru?"

"I mean.. Let's make friends starting from tomorrow, okay? Both you and me. Let's eat lunch at the cafeteria starting from today instead of being sneaky and eat lunch on the rooftop. Promise?" I gave him my pinky finger.

"Aru.. You've been acting weird since early in the morning. What's wrong?" He queried, confounded yet curious.

"Nothing is wrong with me. I just thought that.. We should at least try something. Don't you agree?" I shrugged at the end of my sentence.

After eating, we went out from the cafeteria and decided to head back to our class. When we're on our way to the class, people around the school's corridor are glaring at us and also at the same time judging us.

Judging me, more specifically.

"Oh my god, your steps are way too heavy that I can feel the ground shaking!"

"Yah, don't joke about her insecurities. We don't want our fatty friend to cry."

"She'll look even uglier if she cry."

Wonwoo was about to say something but I quickly grabbed his wrist.

I smiled to him.

"Let them be." I murmured.

I will let them do and say whatever they want to me. It's my last day of attending this school anyways. I don't mind what they say or do anymore.

And right at that moment, I felt someone throwing a food at my back.

"Oops! I was gonna give it to you properly. Guess I lack of manners, sorry." He gave me the sheepish smile, the rest are starting to laugh.

"Yah!" Wonwoo clenched his jaw and rushed to him, Wonwoo grabbed his collars and pulled him closer.

"I wish you know what shame is because what you did just now are very shameful." Wonwoo's voice sounded so different, it sounded so cold, so stern and so.. Not him. He's really enraged right now.

"Well, I wish you know what shame is because you trying to defend a fat girl are just so pathetic and shameful!" And there they started laughing again.

Wonwoo punched his face.

My eyes widened.

The two started fighting. But then again, the rest of the boys joined, Wonwoo's fighting all of them alone. Most of the boys are taller and stronger than him. Everyone are shouting for the boys, giving them spirits to fight Wonwoo more.

"STOP IT!" I closed my eyes tight.

"Stop hurting him.. Hurt me instead. He have nothing to do with you all, only me. Hurt me as much as you want!" I yelled again.

"I'm the fat and ugly one here, not him!" I added.

"I'm sorry that I'm fat. I'm sorry that I'm ugly. I know that I'm just a waste of space. I'm worthless. I ruined your views. Not only you guys, but I'm disappointed of myself too.. I hate myself as much as you guys hate me or maybe I hate myself even more than you guys did." I lowered my head as my tears fell down my cheeks.

"Aru.." I heard Wonwoo mumbled.

"But please, Wonwoo had done nothing wrong.. Please don't hate him, only hate me. Wonwoo don't deserve all these hates and bullies, only I do." I added, my tears couldn't stop falling, I started sobbing, I'm so shameless for crying infront of a lot of people.

Crying makes me look even more uglier.

It also makes me look so pathetic.

I couldn't help him. I'm useless and worthless to be Wonwoo's friend. All I ever know is just to cry and cry hopelessly.

-