Chapter 30 | I've missed you

( POV: CORVINA FEARSEY )

I can't take this anymore. Zale is doing his thing deciding to get married, Laurent is drinking every night, Sorin isn't even here! Oh and Mera is an absolute wreck as well!

My head is spinning so I decide to lay back down. It's all I've been doing for a while now. Ever since it sunk in. It's too much for one person to handle.

"Try keeping your eyes open for longer than five minutes and your head might stop pounding." Zillah's sarcastic voice echoes through the room.

"Why are you still here? I don't want you here."

"You also don't want anyone else but sadly for you, someone needs to take care of you."

"I'm not a child."

"You're sure acting like it." She spits.

I quickly get back up, "You know what? Fuck you! Leave me the fuck alone! If I'm a child then let me be!"

"You know I can't."

Her behavior pisses me off. More so than anyone ever managed to. She acts indifferent and fucking mean but then again she's the one who's been with me for days on end. What does she want from me?

"And why can't you?" I step up, taking slow strides towards her. "You can leave. You just don't want to. Tell me, Zillah, why can't you leave me alone?"

She's staring up at me but it still feels like I'm below her. She always makes me feel this way. I doubt it's on purpose. She just has that presence.

"I'm not leaving if that's what you're trying to do."

"What don't you understand? I. Want. To. Be. Alone. It's not that hard to grasp."

"Corvina, in life you don't always get what you want. You know that right? Because you're acting like a brat."

Tears instantly sting my eyes. Me? I'm acting like a brat?

"Why? Because I want to be alone? Because I don't want you around? My sister just died. Raze, a man who I was starting to see as my brother, died! And all I ask of you is to leave me alone and that makes me a brat?"

She shrugs, leaning back into her seat.

"You can't be this heartless, can you? You can't be. I've seen the way you were a few days ago. You were kind to me, gentle even. And now you're acting like this situation we're all in is the most normal thing in the world."

"You should drink this," she says handing me the glass of water that was on the nightstand next to her seat.

I chuckle, "Right. I should."

When I take the glass from her hand she seems momentarily relieved. That quickly fades when I hurl the glass to the wall, watching it shatter. "I don't want anything! Just leave!" I grab her arm, trying to tug her out of the room but she isn't budging.