Chapter 43 | Middle Of The Night

( POV: MERA RIGHLA )

A/N: You'll know exactly when to play the song ;-)

"I'm sorry, my lady, but we can't let you in without her royal highness' permission and she's currently resting."

Dane is a real pain in my ass.

The guards out front weren't being this difficult. But Dane? He's too good at his job it's annoying. That's probably why the guards out front wished me good luck.

"I'm not going to kill or hurt her. It's frankly insulting that you don't believe me."

He sighs, "I'll have to wake her up to ask."

"Fine! Go do that!"

Dane knocks on the door and gently enters when she doesn't answer. He refuses to look at her because she's in her pajamas. It's not like it's revealing or inappropriate for him to see but he's too respectful.

"Your grace?"

Fal turns around, ignoring him.

"Your grace, your Lady Righla is asking for permis-"

"Let her in," she mumbles.

"Ma'am, she-"

I have no idea what he was going to say but Fal continues, "Thank you Dane but it's okay."

Dane begrudgingly steps back out and lets me in. I crawl into bed behind Fal and hug her, "Hi doll," I chuckle.

"Hi, darling. Couldn't sleep?" She turns around to face me, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. We're both facing each other, our heads on the same pillow.

"Yeah, not when I'm alone. And Zale is-"

"A huge annoying fucker." She finishes for me.

"I was going to say he's with the boys but sure that works too."

"The boys," she chuckles, her voice sounds a little raspy. "That term makes me laugh more than it should."

"I assume Raze knows you're here then?" She smirks.

"He does."

"And he wasn't annoyed, jealous, or pissed off?"

"Well he looked like he wanted to kill me but I think he knows deep down that we're sisters and not lovers."

Fal chuckles again, "Trust me he knows. Or else he would never let you alone with me. He trusts Sorin too. Laurent. Caen to a certain level. I think he only doesn't trust his own friends with me, besides Khalid because he treats me like a child."

I smile at that but she can tell something is off, that's why she keeps talking to distract me until she sighs, "What's wrong?"

"I'm having nightmares. And you're the only one who can understand me."