Ch 59: 1 Day To The Equinox

A/N; So, I know it hasn't been that long. Just a few chapters more and PART II of this story will be done. I thank you all for sticking with me throughout this story and I hope you'll all continue to support me by dropping votes, comments, reviews and kudoses. Enjoy the chapter!

Recap: The Hunters of The Sun and The Hunters of Artemis joined focus once again to free their leaders from the clutches of End and Riptide. After, Rachel and Percy push Artemis' look-alike into Tartarus during a battle. Meanwhile, in Camp Half-Blood, a battle ensues and the Athena Parthenos along with the border of the camp were destroyed. Alabaster Torrington guest starred in the chapter as one of the main antagonists, sent there on Riptide's commands. Meanwhile, Chiron saw various hunters of Apollo without their hoods and began to search for them. Percy and Artemis are reunited and the hunt for the Keys of Khaos' Void continues after that night, in the forest of Camp Half-Blood.

They searched the entire forest. It seems as though the forest had expanded, since the Hunters had been exiled. They fought monsters, escaped myrmeke nests and argued with geyser gods.

Several caves and pits were scoured in the search for the keys of Khaos' Void. All the effort yielded no results. Not until it was left with one day till the Equinox. Not until they discovered the Grove of Voices.

Now the Hunters have converged at the Prophetic Grove. I must record what happens.

I must listen.

I must watch.

UNEDITED

WHEN THEY DISCOVERED the Grove, it was one day to the Equinox. Tensions were high, everyone was worried and they were all on the brink of giving up. The forest was huger now, making their search take longer.

Rachel alone had gone to speak to Chiron to ask about the Keys and Artemis had used her godly senses to scan the entire Camp when the forest had yielded no results. But they had found nothing.

It was when they were relocating their campsite that they discovered the geyser gods. A few empty threats from Artemis had caused the smoky men to give them directions to the Grove of Dodona.

It was surprising, to everyone, except perhaps Artemis, that they had lived in the Camp for so long; had participated in many camp games in the forest and had never discovered the coven of Oak trees tucked in the farthest end of the forest.

It was there that they were now. There that they clutched their ears as several high-pitched discordant and dissonant voices slammed into their ear drums, repeating the same thing, over and over again,

"Evil approaches. The End comes near. The Keys unlock the abyss."

Percy inhaled, standing upright when the voices faded away. His head was thumping and it felt as if someone had just tried to split him into two, from the top. He shook his head, but the ringing in his ears did not disappear—no, it just seemed to become louder.

Cursing, he looked around. "Is everyone alright?" Nods of assent accompanied by groans answered him.

"If this is where Riptide hid those keys then I'm going to give him five stars for entering this place without bleeding to death from burst ear drums."

A shadow of a smile appeared on Percy's face and he tilted his head to the side as he scanned the grove. They had passed through the lair of the Myrmekes to get to the Grove and Percy's arms were tired from punching several killer ants in the face.