Ch 11: Guess what, we died :)

Chapter 11:

To say Piper was shocked would be an understatement.

None of them had been able to move when Magnus' sword pierced Percy's heart.

Jason was frozen in surprise. Piper was too shocked to move. Frank looked like he was trying to swallow a shield, while he brought another one out of his rear end. Hazel had gone ash. Rachel and Grover were staring, eyes wide.

Their popcorn was long since forgotten; their seats had melted into shadows.

They had no idea Magnus' sword could fly on its own. Everyone had been positive that Percy would win. Magnus had cheated, but Percy had still managed to stab him.

Piper didn't know how, but she and the others found themselves next to Percy's body, alongside Magnus' friends.

Grover was the one who'd said what they'd all guessed. He'd placed two fingers on Percy's neck, checking for a pulse. There was none.

"He's dead," Grover, said solemnly.

At that second, Magnus Chase coughed.

'Magnus is alive," It was the redhead from their group.

"Hearth, can you get Him to The Hotel?' It was the girl with green hair. The guy she spoke to, Hearth, had platinum hair, and was wearing motorcycle pants and a leather jacket.

He stepped forward, and placed a hand on Magnus unmoving body, and they both faded into the moonlight.

Piper's shock turned to sadness, and then to anger.

They'd killed her friend. The others were glaring at Magnus' friends, who were reaching for weapons, in case the hunters of the sun became too friendly.

Piper was about to lash out, when the girl wearing the green scarf over her head, stepped forward.

'I can help," She said. 'I'm a Valkyrie. I can get him to the afterlife."

No one made an attempt to answer.

The girl grabbed Percy's hands, and began to rise off the ground.

Out of Percy's body, an orange transparent figure floated out, with the girl holding on to its wrist. The figure was unconscious, but Piper could tell it was Percy.

Piper could only guess that the girl was some sort of agent for Thanatos and Hades.

"Sam..." The girl with green hair said in a warning tone.

"Don't, Alex," Sam said, as she continued to rise off the ground. "I don't care what Magnus thinks. He died and honorable death and deserves Valhalla."

Then she disappeared into golden light, taking the orange Percy with her.

Piper was ready to kill somebody.

She took a threatening step towards Alex, but paused when thunder rumbled up ahead. Lightening flashed, illuminating the sky. Droplets of rain started to fall.

Piper looked to Jason for an explanation, but he looked even more confused than she felt.

The rain began pouring heavily, soaking Piper and her friends. Lightning slammed into the earth, a little ways from them, but the force was enough to send Piper staggering and separate all of them.

Piper tried not to lose her balance, but them there was a tremor in the earth, and Beacon Street began to rumble. Without warning, an earthquake erupted around Piper, and the street began obliterating itself. Jagged spikes of rocks shaped like spears shot out of different places. One caught the girl, Alex, in the calf, causing her to collapse onto her knees.