Ch 12: Norse gods suck

Chapter 12:
Hazel watched as one by one her friends were killed and their souls taken away by the flying women. Calypso's neck had been snapped during the battle. Leo's throat was slit a few minutes after. The fighting went on, and Piper took a sword in the chest for Jason.

Soon, only hazel, Jason, and Frank were left. And she didn't even have time to feel depressed because the idiots kept trying to kill her at every turn.

Hazel knew it was only a matter of time before they met the others in the afterlife.

And she was right too. Jason engaged the guy in battle, only to be stabbed in the gut. Frank killed the guy by tearing out his throat as a wolf, earning a one-way trip to Hades when the girl stabbed him in the spine.

Hazel was last to go, but not before securing Apollo's quiver and bows. She also shot an arrow into the girl's chest during her final breaths and caused her staff to melt into ashes, a trick Walt Stone had thought her.

Both mangled corpses turned to ash when they were killed.

Then Hazel fell onto her knees. And the last thing she saw was Sam, swooping down to grab her hand.

And then everything went dark.

***

Hazel woke up, every muscle in her body tingling. She grabbed her gut, where the girl's knife had gone; leaving a gash so deep it had killed her. But there was no injury.

She looked down at herself. Her clothes looked freshly cleaned, and her hood was off. There were no scratches or tears in her clothes. No injuries on her body.

Slowly, she rose, and scanned her surroundings.

Was this Elysium? Had she been judged already?

She gazed at the huge house standing before her. No way this was Elysium.

She was standing in the courtyard of the eight-story building, which had two double front doors made of dark and polished oak. In the corner of the courtyard was a tall birch tree with white bark.

Hazel had never seen anything like it before.

Then her eyes widened when a single leaf dropped from the tree. It was made from gold.

Next to the tree, inlaid in the wall surrounding the mansion was a bronze plaque. Hazel didn't have time to check it out, because at that moment, the double doors flung open, and out walked the last person she'd expected to see.

Or rather, people.

Magnus Chase and Percy Jackson walked side by side, chatting amicably, and marching in her direction.

As if they hadn't killed each other just a few hours before.

They came to a stop in front of her, and Hazel found that she couldn't speak.

"Oh, Hello Hazel," Percy waved cheerily. "Glad you could make a date."

She looked at him, confusion etched on her face.

Percy ignored her questioning looks, and said, "Come on. He hooked his hand with hers. " Beantown and I'll show you to registration."

Hazel managed to raise an eyebrow.

Magnus caught her look and smiled. "You're dead aren't you?"

Hazel managed to nod. "But... I don't feel dead. I feel fine."

"That's what they all say," Magnus rolled his eyes. "Newbies."

Hazel felt blood rise up her cheeks in embarrassment.