Ch 32: Oh gods...she saw him in his...

Two weeks had passed since the incident in the forest.

Percy and Artemis had (somehow) managed to get over the awkwardness, and the goddess found that they had began spending more time in each others' presence. That was seriously not helping her reputation as a man-hating goddess.

She and Percy went hunting regularly, but she made sure she never had a replay of the incident. Shade and Skylar hadn't been heard from for almost a month, and the hunters were starting to get over the deaths of their sisters. Truth be told, Artemis hadn't really gotten over it, but she found herself distracted from the thoughts and memories, every time she was with percy.

Now, they spoke freely with each other, they fought like siblings, argued, and took walks in the dead of night. Their friendship had progressed so much after two weeks that everyone got used to it. Artemis knew she had the tiniest crush on Percy. She just didn't know if he liked her back, or how the hunters would react to it.

It was exactly a month later that the twins of Kronos attacked. Specifically, Skylar.

-

It was evening. Artemis couldn't sleep, and was spending time in the forest. She didn't want to wake up Percy because she wanted to be alone. To collect her thoughts, and to try to decipher what she really felt about him.

In truth, she hadn't expected an attack that night. Every tent light was out. The fire was low, and the wolves had gathered around it. It was cold out, and was snowing slightly. Ancient Greece didn't have much snow, but then again, they were in the north. The kingdom of Boreas and his daughter Khione.

Artemis wore a hooded parka, and was resting on a larger on a hill, thinking. Then she sat up when she felt another immortal energy signature enter their camp.

Line Break

"Skylar," The girl with raven hair nodded to the daughter of Kronos.

Her companion simply went starlight to the point. "Any news?"

"Yes, quite a lot, actually," The spy smirked sadistically. 'Artemis and Percy Jackson have been spending a lot of time with each other. The sword, well, they keep it in this place called the duat."

"The what, now?"

"I have no idea what it is?" The huntress said. "Everyone's asleep. If you really want to know where the sword is being kept, search for clues in Percy's tent."

"I'll do that," Skylar nodded. "Where's his tent?"

"The largest golden tent in the camp. It's also the first, right opposite Artemis' "

"Are you sure everyone's in bed?" Skylar asked tersely.

The girl nodded, "Positive."

"Okay, then," Skylar said. "See you later."

"Tell Shade to come see me soon," The hunter added.

"Will do," Skylar disappeared into the trees.

-

The daughter of Kronos crept through the camp, keeping an eye out for the wolves.

They needed that sword. These fools didn't know the power it truly possessed. Once it was in End's possession, well taking over the universe and destroying the Olympians and Chaos would be a piece of cake. After these meddlesome hunters were gone, then they could go ahead and properly mess up the timelines, putting all of the various ones into disarray, an killing off the gods of Olympus in the process.

Skylar was creeping silently into the borders of their camp. The hunters tents were in a present shape, while a few feet away, the hunters of her ex had their tents in a circle. According to their spy, the two amazons stayed in one of the hunters tents.