day ten

lucien

day 10

"I shall always end my stories happily. I don't care whether it's 'true to life' or not. It's true to life as it should be, and that's a better truth than the other."

― L.M. Montgomery

Bros - Wolf Alice

  After stripping naked, ravishing each other in a warm bath, and then dressing in mercifully dry clothes, Lucien had built a fire for them. Then they'd sat before the hearth and Elain had given him the answers he'd so desperately craved.

  She'd explained her sudden change of heart, confessing that she'd felt unworthy of his affections. Confessing that she had "let him go" to which he had snorted. Then, perhaps the biggest miracle of all, that Feyre had not cleaved their bond. Lucien had never thought he'd be more grateful for that fateful day when Elain had emerged from the Cauldron as his mate, but now he found himself appreciating Hybern for granting Feyre's deceiving plea.

  So the formerly-illiterate-once-human-girl had managed to fool him... When Feyre would stop surprising him, Lucien wasn't quite sure.

  "I admit," Lucien said, twirling a lock of Elain's still-damp hair around his finger, "I am curious about this vision you had. The one that caused this whole... series of events."

  Elain inched closer to him on the rug, drawing the nightshirt she wore tighter around her neck. "Which one?"

  He smirked. "A tough choice if I must choose between the two. I suppose, spare me the pleasant picture that is my mate alone for eternity and instead provide me with the portrait where I get to have her to myself for the rest of my days."

  "Very well," Elain replied, flicking his nose. She leaned back against him, stretching her legs out towards the fire. Then, in perhaps the most stomach flipping event in Lucien's life, she lifted his arms to wrap them around her. "I've seen flowers and sunlight and joined hands. I've seen stolen kisses and lazy mornings in bed. I've seen a great deal of wonderful things, Lucien Vanserra."

Lucien's heart fluttered, and beneath that fluttering he felt the mating bond hum gladly. He rested his chin atop her head, lifting a hand to comb through her hair. "Tell me more, mate."

And she did.

The End