21 ⋆✶⋆ The Dark Lord

TW: sexual abuse! (Forceful kissing and intimidation)

A long deep ravine stretched out above me, and I could already see myself fall into the dark

A long deep ravine stretched out above me, and I could already see myself fall into the dark. The Wargal that was carrying me had a tight grip on me, but there's always that irrational part of your brain that thinks you might be thrown down when you're near something high.

We'd been traveling for a long time, but I'd missed half of it because I was unconscious. It would be hard to find my way back, but I was watching out for every opportunity to escape. The group escorting me consisted of some more Wargals, some Celtic slaves that had also been dragged along and one tall man. He wore a familiar black velvet cape with a high collar.

When we walked through the camp there were multiple campfires, casting an orange reflection on the sky. I would've thought it cozy, but the monster like creatures were kind of ruining the atmosphere. They stamped through the camp recklessly and for a big part were fighting with each other or the Skandians. I felt one of the Northerners stare at me as we entered a tall black tent, but I couldn't look back to see who it was.

Once we were there I was roughly thrown on the cold wooden planks. In front of me was a spiky throne. It was made out of some iron-like material, and it looked as if multiple swords were coming out of the back of it in a fan alignment. On it sat a pale man with hair white as snow, which was combed back neatly. His black eyes were fixated on me as I hurriedly scurried to my feet. Morgarath's thin lips twirled up slightly when I bowed as deeply as I could, which fueled an anger in me that I could not, under any circumstance, show on the outside.

The black eyes that had taken me up from head to toe shifted to the man in the black velvet cape. Presumably his right hand.

"What gift have you brought me today, lieutenant?" He said with a voice that made the hairs in my neck stand upright.

"The girl attacked our troops while we were on our way back to the camp. She got some mean shots in." Foldar replied, looking at me arrogantly.

The dark lord's look darkened when his gaze fell on me, making me incredibly uncomfortable. He rose from his throne with slow, elegant steps. He circled around me, like a vulture. Then he suddenly halted when he was in front of me and he raised a bony pale hand. Out of a reflex I slapped it away and a wave of shock went through the room. There was a silence in which the man in front of me only looked at me with a hint of amazement, like a child looking at a knight.

"She's a fierce one," He grinned and sat back down, then motioned to me, "speak for yourself woman, why did you attack?"

I  kneeled down on one knee, with my head bent, so no one could see the utter disgust on my face. "Forgive me, sir. I was merely protecting my family."

"And why do you wear Ranger's clothes?" he scoffed disdainfully, "What, did you kill one?"

My eyes lit up and I rose to my feet again, giving him that wicked smile that had saved me from trouble so many times. "I did."