01 | Mafia's Daughter

when he gets kidnapped | him as your best friend

一⪼一⨳❖𖤓❖⨳一⪻一

In afternoon 一 Author's pov

Grabbing her phone, she dialed his number for the nth time but still no answer

Grabbing her phone, she dialed his number for the nth time but still no answer. It kept ringing until it cut the call itself. Frowning, she sat down on the couch, tears brimming in her eyes.

It had been 2 days since her best friend started so-called ignoring her. He wasn't at his apartment nor with his family. She had to lie to them about getting a text from Jungkook that he is on his way to her place, not wanting them to panic for their child.

In reality, there were no responses to her texts, hell, he didn't even see them. Her calls were unanswered and she was beyond stressed. She didn't even see him for two days straight.

Taking a deep breath, she looked up at the ceiling, trying hard not to cry. "Where are you, Jungkook?"

Wiping away the hot tears that were slowly starting to fall, she decided to call her dad. The mafia leader and of course a good one, against the evil. She knew there was no other option other than her dad.

No one knew about Mr. Kim's daughter except his closest colleagues. Her mom died when y/n was 5 years old, finding out she had been internally bleeding after giving birth. Not wanting to worry her husband, she kept a secret until one day she fainted.

Driving her to the hospital, the doctor told them about her health and said she had a few days to live. Y/n was too small to understand the situation but seeing her mother on a bed, looking like a zombie, she cried hard that day.

Before dying, Mrs. Kim told her husband to promise her, "you will always take care of our child. Every day, every hour, every second. From now to your own death. Please, promise me." She cried.

"I promise you, love. I'll never disappoint you." Tears streamed down his face, he wanted to spend his wife's last days together with his family.

"Dad, Jungkook has been missing for 2 days. He is not picking up my calls nor I have seen him in college."

"Your boyfriend?" Silence.

"Dad! That's not the point. Can you please somehow find where he is?"

"You aren't denying it, I see." He knew his daughter must have a poker face. Chuckling at the silence, he continued. "Anything for my daughter. Or I can just bring him to you?"

"No, thanks, dad but thank you. I know you are busy. I'll do the rest on my own. After all, I'm the daughter of the mafia leader." Y/n giggled, finally feeling her mood lifting up just a bit.

She felt it was wrong for tracking down her own best friend but she had no other choice. Being a daughter of a mafia left her no choice. She didn't want to take any risk of losing her close ones.