³. ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵃʳᵗ ᵗʰᵒᵘ, ʳᵒᵐᵉᵒ?

CHAPTER THREE: PART ZERO ; ASHES TO ASHES, THEY ALL FALL DOWN
The first thing Emerson saw when entering the strange room was a man. Tall, well trimmed, smiling and standing with his arms crossed behind his back. He was dressed in a white collared button-up, dark grey slacks and shoes that shined brighter than the glass shards on the side of the highway when the sun hit 'em just right.

It reminded the girl of when she walked through the old gas station (that had been long since abandoned) just off of Freight Drive; a maze of shattered windows, graffiti, and what remained of the fridges that lined one wall. A sea of glass and colored lights- she had bet if it wasn't constantly filled with drug addicts on and off it'd have been a great place to hang up a few fairy lights and call it a hangout.

Her attention turned back to the man, who was now rocking a bit on his feet. Overall, he didn't give off many creep-vibes. Honestly, he seemed like that one neighborhood dad that every kid on the block saw doing his part in the community.

"I've been expecting you."

Nevermind, she took that back. E was beginning to think that she hit her head hard enough to knock her senses askew even in the afterlife.

He had a deep voice, and if he wasn't white she would've compared him to Morgan Freeman. With a grey beard and an appearance that threw her off guard just slightly, she wondered if he was god. Or maybe god didn't exist. It was debatable for her.

Mikayla side-eyed him from a bit aways. ".. What is this place?"

The man chuckled. "Getting straight to the point I see."

He gestured to the empty room around him, with concrete walls and a few folding chairs, it wasn't much to look at. With a grin widely shown on his face, he threw his arms out grandly. "This is the waiting room."

The blonde folded her arms over her chest. "Waiting room? What are we waiting for, exactly."

Putting a finger in the air, he nodded at her- grin still upheld on his face. "It's not you who's waiting."

Both teenagers shared a look as the man did what seemed to be a happy dance in the center of the room, bouncing around in the air and humming a tune only he knew. Emerson blinked wildly as he started to cheer excitedly.

"I just knew you two would be amazing for the job!" He cried happily. The man pointed to the blonde girl first, a large grin on his face. "You! Your hunger for the unknown and change is simply astounding!"

Next he moved to the brunette. "And your insistence for the truth and for peace is just amazing! Unparalleled!"

They watched as the man seemed to realize something important as he gasped, stopping his groove and instead hustling back to where he stood in front of them and clearing his throat. "Uh, sorry it seems I got ahead of myself."

He coughed into his sleeve before clearing his throat again. "I am Primus, the first creation of the-"

"Primus?" Mikayla asked immediately, cutting off the man with furrowed brows- and both girls began again at the same time. "You mean like Transformers?"

The man paused, looking at the two with an expressionless face. Slowly they watched his grin grow as he jumped around again like a toddler. "I knew it! I knew you two were special! Oh my goodness me, I'm so happy you're here."

Emerson furrowed a brow, ignoring the toddler-like behavior and instead opting for a more direct approach. "Why do you keep saying stuff like that? Mind filling us in?"

'Primus' smiled at her with a wide grin. "You two girls are here to save my children from the pain and destruction in their world, that you've seen on your own."