¹⁷. ᵃ ᵇᵃᵗʰʳᵒᵒᵐ ˢⁱᵍⁿ

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: PART ONE ; HER MUSIC SPEAKS AND IT STINGS LIKE A BEE
Emerson looked up to the same white room that she'd been in only a few days ago. She narrowed her eyes as she pulled herself to her feet, watching the walls with suspicion.

"Am I dead again?" She mumbled, turning her head.

Mikayla almost scared the crap out of her when she replied from behind her, a bored tone to her voice. "No. But I might kill myself if I have to wait here any longer."

Emerson turned around, her ponytail coming back around to smack her in the face. She winced and tore the hair away, some having gotten in her mouth. The girl pulled it away with gentle fingers, tucking the strands back behind her.

Finally, she inquired to her friend. "How do you know we're waiting?"

The brunette gestured to the front of her, and the blonde had to stand up to peer over to see where or what she was talking about.

There, sitting smack center in the room, was a sign on the ground- one of the ones that you'd see in a bathroom when a stall was out of order- with a message written in bold: Don't go anywhere. Be there soon, running late. :)

She blinked, scrutinizing the odd placement. Did he just have someone put it there while they were unconscious? The girl shivered, but started again sarcastically: "He put a smiley face. How.. nice?"

Mikayla snorted as she turned around. "He's crazy."

Emerson shrugged, not really knowing what else to say. There was a pause around them, the silence drawing on longer as the seconds ticked by. She let her eyes trail over the sleek white walls, trying to figure out just how large the room really was.

When she grew bored of that five seconds later, the girl turned to a conversation instead.

"So.. how long have you been in here?"

She watched as Mikayla turned silent, the quiet hum of a song that's been in her head going still. The girl lifted up her fingers and began to count silently.

"Uhh, like twenty minutes?"

Emerson heaved a sigh, falling backwards on her palms as she sat up, flopping down to look up at the ceiling. She whistled lowly, continuing the tune of Mikayla's song. She heard a faint chuckle from her side, and the blonde smiled.

A few minutes passed and Emerson was bored out of her mind. She flopped back upwards and stared at the brunette- who was just laying there with her hands over her stomach. Mikayla looked over with a side eye as the blonde huffed. "We're gonna be here forever aren't we?"

"As much as I'd love to keep the two of you out of harm's way for a while longer.. we're in a time crunch. So no, you will not be here forever."

The sudden voice drew the girls from their stupor, looking behind them with a sharp twist.

However, the man that stood before them was not one that was familiar. No, this man looked far younger. He wore casual formal attire, a simple button-up and dress pants. Something about him screamed guardian..

She tilted her head as he continued his walk forwards. His gait was familiar, his posture almost regal. It was almost like she was staring at a King. His eyes were kind as they scanned over the two, before he caught her analytical gaze and gave a small nod.

Emerson decided to trust him. Mikayla on the other hand..

"Who are you?" The brunette took a few steps forwards, eying down the man. 'You aren't-"

"Primus? Yes." He nodded, holding his hands up in surrender. "I am aware. However, he could not find himself available to attend, so he sent me here instead to brief you on the sudden situation."