¹⁴. ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃ ˢᵒᵘˡ ⁱⁿᵈᵉᵉᵈ

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: PART ONE ; HER MUSIC SPEAKS AND IT STINGS LIKE A BEE
The battle of Mission City took place in an abandoned section of empty mall space. Around them stood planters and benches, all likely to be destroyed during their fight to the death.

The rest of their short (and slightly deadly) ride was silent - Jazz and Emerson too deep into their own thoughts. She gazed out the window with a hollow stare, wishing that the fragging decepticons would just leave. Leave Earth, leave the universe- where no one would ever see them again.

But, she knew deep down that that would never happen. Not in a million years.

Emerson wondered if it would really take that long. A million years to get rid of the decepticons. It would be long past her lifetime, and way past the autobots' too. Probably. Okay, she wasn't super sure, but she was sure that she knew that cybertronians lived for a lot longer than humans. (Give or take a few hundred thousand years).

It wasn't until they had made it to this square that she recognized that her mind became clear. The thoughts in her head seemed to stall as she hopped out from her companion. He transformed quickly, covering both her and a few of the military vehicles' backs.

The blonde darted around by his pedes, careful not to get in his way and get squished. Even though she knew very clearly that he was being just as careful with her. Emerson frantically tried to spot her companions; whether it were Mikayla, Morgan, Lennox, Epps or even one of the other familiar faces.

Glenn and Maggie stayed behind at Sector Seven with the rogue 'con. She was confident in their ability to take Frenzy out, even if she had no clue how he'd gotten there.. Emerson guessed that there are some things about the timeline that you just can't change.

She pursed her lips as she tip-toed above the heads of the soldiers, going as far as to climb up on top of a bench. The girl crooked her neck around the sight, attempting to find the subject of her searching.

There was a presence at her back, and she turned just in time for a giant servo carrying her upwards. A squeak left her mouth as she realized what had happened.

"Jazz, I'm not a hamster." She deadpanned, accepting her fate as she hung in his grasp. "Please put me down."

He chuckled as she was placed onto his shoulder. Emerson gulped and clung there for dear life, looking down at the ground in a slight panic. "Nah, I think yah 'll be just fine up here."

She debated glaring at the silver mech, but quickly realized that she was stuck there for a while, and relented. "You're a pain."

"Yeah I know."

The scene quickly changed as the rest of the vehicles pulled to a stop around them, men piling out of them with loaded guns and wavering emotions. She felt for them. This was a shit ton different from Afghanistan.

Suddenly, there was a roar from her left, and she had just enough time to watch as the familiar jet went past. "Air Force has arrived! Pop smoke!"

"Raptor, Raptor," Epps shouted into his radio. "-do you copy? We have your visual."

By the time the girls found their words, everything had happened too quickly, the smoke had already been thrown to the side. She watched with a blank fear as the canister landed by the group.

The battle had officially begun.

"Not friendly!" Mikayla shouted from somewhere below them- and if Emerson weren't frozen and fifteen feet in the air, she would have jumped at the sudden yell. "It's Starscream!"

Jazz, to his credit, reacted quickly as Ironhide and Bumblebee threw up an abandoned truck to protect the group. Emerson was gently dropped beside one of the military trucks. The silver mech stood guard over them, his blasters aimed at the sky.