¹⁸. ʲᵉᵃˡᵒᵘˢʸ

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: PART ONE ; HER MUSIC SPEAKS AND IT STINGS LIKE A BEE
"Psst."

Mikayla was trying to sleep. Clearly, that was not the intent of the morning's gaze. The blankets were warm, her arm wasn't pinned under her side, the brunette was finally comfortable. But she kept hearing a buzz in her ear.

She felt something hit her cheek. "Mik-mack. Mikety Mikayla."

Her eyes shot open and narrowed at the annoying tone. The brunette debated a side eye before she groaned, giving up and rolling to the other side.

"Mikayla!"

She covered her head with her blanket. "Shut up."

"You're awake! Good!"

Emerson seemed to get louder. Mikayla tried to cling to the wave of exhaustion she'd felt, but found that it had become increasingly difficult. She quickly gave up on it and rolled back over- mourning the loss of unthinking.

"What the genuine frag do you want, E?"

The blonde grinned brighter than the sun, making Mikayla squint slightly in her blanket burrito.

"Okay so you know how that Alpha Trion dude was like 'hey guys guess what you're the Allspark now?'" She waved her arms and made her voice seem deeper at that part, acting as if she had a beard by tilting her face downward and pushing her chin into her neck.

Mikayla blinked, still within her sleepy daze. "That's not at all what happened but go ahead."

Emerson continued, clearly on a roll. "Yeah okay so after you cussed him out he told me 'goodbye, spark of knowledge-'" She did the voice again. "-and I was super confused. But it actually gave me an idea."

She raced across the room and past the small bookshelf, filled with old textbooks and novels that were probably about military strategies or some old weird Sector Seven bullcrap, and back around to the hallway closet that seconded as a bathroom.

Mikayla watched her go. "You're lucky I'm only half-conscious or I would kick your ass."

The blonde barked a sharp laugh from the end of the hall, and the brunette took the time to adjust to the light.

Both girls had found themselves sharing one of the extra workers' bunks- with a cozy two beds and a bathroom, (and surprisingly a TV)- and had opted to take that for the night. That is, after they'd been treated by the on-site medics.

Emerson had bandages up and down her legs and was on some pretty heavy painkillers. Yet, watching her bound around the room, you'd think nothing was wrong.

Mikayla, however, was given some advil and a good luck.

With minor injuries and a few deeper cuts, they gave her some wraps and painkillers.. told her to be on her way. She slightly resented that.. since she did feel like shit afterwards. Maybe she would get a scar or two if she were lucky..

Things with Ironhide didn't really sit right either. He was silent on the entire trip back to the dam. He never talked to her- granted he didn't talk to her or Morgan before but it was still awkward. When they'd been dropped off at base, the mech had made himself scarce. Not that she exactly minded- time to think was high on her priority list as well.

Mikayla's mind was still fuzzy even after she'd woken up- but maybe it was because of the lack of the luxury of sleeping in. Thanks to her companion.

Speaking of companions, after last night- Ratchet had taken in Lynx. Along with Bumblebee, the mech brought them to a make-shift medbay to monitor their vitals. Mikayla didn't mind since she trusted the old 'bot, but Lynx didn't share that knowledge- so it took him a little longer to go with the much larger and foreboding medic.