¹⁶. ᶜʰⁱˡᵈⁱˢʰ ᵐᵃⁿⁱᵖᵘˡᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: PART ONE ; HER MUSIC SPEAKS AND IT STINGS LIKE A BEE
Morgan didn't know what to do with the girl in her passenger seat. Her blood was all over the seats, but she didn't think that she even noticed. Honestly, Morgan's last thought was the blood stains on the cloth seats. Her main priority was trying to speed out of the street as soon as possible.

Especially since Megatron was flying high above their heads.

So far, the decepticon hadn't made any moves to attack them. But she knew that she had to trust her gut with these kinds of things. And her gut told her to get as far away as fast as possible.

The girl flipped the gear of the truck, sending it in reverse with steaming brakes.

Megatron flew straight over them, and she watched as he kept going.

Once he disappeared behind one of the buildings, the brunette let her head fall against the wheel. The truck still went backwards, but just barely. The speed they were going at was equal to the top speed of a hamster.

Emerson was still frozen to her seat, her face tense. She noted that from looking up from her head cocoon. The girls took a few seconds to catch their breaths.

The inside of the tow-truck was silent, but the engine was loud outside. The blasting of canons and the booms of gunfire were loud outside. Bee's insistent whirls that they should get back to the fight were loud outside.

The sounds of jets were loud outside.

Morgan froze, her entire frame stiffening as she leaned forwards, watching the sky. Emerson seemed to do the same beside her. Her throat tightened. "Is that Starscream again?"

There was a pause as three identical planes appeared on the horizon, circling back somewhere in the center of the city. Emerson sighed in relief. "No, that's the airforce."

The two relaxed slightly at their personal victory, before finally looking back to one another with crooked grins. They seemed to burst at the seams, relishing in the fact that they were both alive up to that point.

Morgan let her head fall back against the seat, taking a moment before she had to start driving again. Lynx crawled up to her lap, curling into the end of her shirt like a toddler. She gave a slight smirk at the kid.

Their victory didn't last long. The sound of incoming gunfire sounded around them, and Morgan finally realized that they weren't in the clear yet. As she moved her arms around the wheel to get the truck started, a loud hum in the air echoed through the streets.

Morgan froze. Her hand stalled at the gear stick. "I hate to ask..."

The blonde was quick in her answer, eyes wide as she peered up at the sky. "Starscream."

Taking the girl's word for it, Morgan yet again took the wheel.

But this time, when she pressed the gas pedal, something stopped her.

Something large and silver. Something that had fallen from the sky and landed just a few meters in front of them.

Bumblebee's blaster fire wasn't enough to get through the 'con's armor. It only shook him a bit. The mech crouched down in front of them, optics trailing over their forms. Morgan tucked Lynx under her shirt, otherwise frozen in fear.

She couldn't do anything but watch as his optics trained on the girl beside her. Not a thing when his servo crashed forwards, with a clear goal in mind. Bee shouted in static behind them, but even he could do nothing.

The glass shattered in front of her; and just as soon as she'd appeared, Emerson was gone.

Mikayla heard the jet approach before she saw it.