twenty eight

Chapter 28 - D-Day (or night)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⇀3RD PERSON POV

Mari paced around her room as she contemplated whether or not it would be a good idea to just ditch the dinner and never speak to Renjun again. Maybe even move out of the country.

Her pacing came to a stop when she heard her phone's ringtone blast through the silent room. She quickly took the device into her hands before answering.

"Hey." Mari spoke up and the person on the other side cleared their throat before speaking up. "Hey, I'm just calling to check if you're going to run away last minute. Renjun told me about the whole meeting his parents thing."

"I'm so nervous, like, what do I do?" The girl mumbled as she sat down onto her neatly made bed before hugging her legs close to her body. "Just calm down and be you, I'm sure they will love you."

"Thanks but I'm not sure. I'm a werewolf, a member of the pack whose leader killed their king! Seeing this fact, I don't think it's even necessary mentioning that I've never had a fancy dinner with anyone imortant.

The most important meal I had was at McDonald's for my job interview. My boss brought his kid with him and all three of us ate kid meals! I still have a figurine I got in the box."

"Man, really?!" The other gasped and Mari groaned. "See, I'm not prepared for this!"

"What's the worst thing that can happen? Come on Mari, you're a great girl and I'm sure Renjun's parents will love you. Believe me, I've met them before and they're like the chillest people ever."

"Hendery, you're a damn vampire, of course they liked you and were chill towards you. I'm their son's damn werewolf soulmate, I don't think they will go that easy on me."

"Just, trust me on this one, okay?" Hendery said and the girl let out a sigh before nodding her head, even though he couldn't see her. "Okay."

"Great! Let me know how it went when you're back home!" She could hear his smile through the phone which caused her to chuckle. "Okay. Say hi to Jieun from me."

"Will do. Bye Mari, have fun!"

"Bye Hendery!"

A sigh left her mouth as the call ended and she looked at the time.

6:19 pm

Renjun told her he would pick her up at 6:30 so they come to the restaurant on time but as the time came closer her mind became messier and messier. Her thought clouded with all the possible outcomes of the night and almost none of them ended well.

Soon enough she heard a knock on her doors, Johnny's head peeking in. "Loverboy's here."

Mari slowly nodded before getting up and dusting off her dress. Renjun asked her to dress formally as they were going to a fancy restaurant.

"Thanks for letting me know." She said before taking her purse from her nighstand and making her way over to her doors. "You look amazing."

"Thank you, I'm glad you think so." Mari smiled at the other before her lead her towards where her soulmate was waiting.

Upon her arrival to his car she found him tapping his fingers nervously onto the steering wheel. The moment he saw her, a big grin formed on his lips and he quickly walked over and opened the doors for her.