TRUST

1 DAY TO PARTY.

As the moon completes its lap across the horizon, the giant ball of fire peaks through with the gift of a new day. From a tint darker than indigo, dawn introduces the sun to its path, spraying hues of roses and tangerine and with it, the revival of a fresh start. The clouds shared a resemblance with the texture of cotton candy, as dainty as it can be and as fluffy as the wool of a sheep. The air was cool and leaks a rejuvenating complexion in the atmosphere, something that George entails for himself. 

He sighs as he leans back, hands pressing against the cold tiles of the roof with his legs stretched out in front. His head falls behind, allowing himself to embrace the serenity of the young daylight. He catches how the moon and stars fade in the sky, and he finds himself fantasizing about how emotions could do the same. Fade upon his wishes.

The pain was reflexive, and that was the worst part. The best he could do was pretend it wasn't there, but that was harder, yet still an option he wishes to take rather than engage with the pain. George sighs and closes his eyes, listening to the chirping of the birds in the distance, reminding him of an unfinished symphony. A story where a man built his own civilization. He would fight against all odds to secure independence and peace, only for him to turn into the mere thing he sought to protect his nation against. 

George retracts to his previous position, wrapping his arms around his legs, seeking a sense of self comfort knowing that it's all he had that moment. Himself. 

If there was one thing that would get stuck in George's throat, it would be the taste of downright betrayal, and it would be a challenge to try and drain the tang. He loved Dream and most importantly, he trusted the guy. 

Trust. A label for something so hard to build yet so easy to break.

A villain's shield.

He trusted Dream with his heart, but now it was like broken glass. Shattered, and stepping on its shards could only inflict more pain and remorse. 

Distant chatters grew, a sign for George took to head back inside. The skies were now a bright blue, and George could feel the slight increase in temperature from the new angle of the vivid orange orb. He is careful to climb back down, jumping into his room through the window.

He continues on with his morning routine, recalling Techno's words about control over his emotions to steer clear of involuntary lash outs. There was a party coming up, and the day was given for pampering and self care. Philza wished for everyone to be at their best, and George wasn't planning on attending with a crepuscular vibe.

The plan for his day was to go out with Sykkuno to have a relaxing time at the spa, and given the recent chapter, it was as if fate knew just what he needed. The urge to see Dream was a struggle to oppose, and his abrupt presence did no justice.

Dream leaned against the window frame. His piercing green eyes had George still where he stood, his dirty blonde hair a mess and his arms tucked into his pockets. His face showed hints of stress and possible sleep deprivation, but George tried to swallow the worry he felt. He started ignoring the man after catching his and Fundy's lips connect, finding no strength to confront him for what had happened. What he saw was enough explanation, he thought.

Instead of acknowledging his presence, George pursued with what he was doing, uttering no words. He opened his closet, flipping through the hangered tops, unsure of what exactly he was looking for. All he knew was that he had to keep himself busy, and hopefully the green man would go away–

"Please, talk to me," George felt his heart ache at the croaky tone. There was evident pain, and he wanted to embrace the man so bad. Unfortunately, he could only picture the sight of him with someone else, and pride becomes more dominant. Dream envelopes George, burying his head into the crook of George's neck.