PUPPET

5 HOURS UNTIL THE PARTY.

"So, which one will it be?" asked the lady, holding a long blazer in each hand. As George shifted his gaze between the two options in front of him, he arched an eyebrow.

"But... they literally look the same though," George said. The lady has never looked so confused.

"What do you mean? This one is blue," she raised her right hand, "and this one here is purple," she raised the left.

"Really?" Shyness filled George. "I'm sorry. I can't tell,"

"He's colorblind," someone said from behind. "Give him the blue one, and I'll take the purple one." The three individuals in the room turned to face the source of the voice and saw a young boy in a purple jacket. He grinned as he moved forward to receive the long purple blazer from the lady's left hand.

"My apologies, Sir. I didn't know," the lady faced George. 

"It's okay. I guess I'll take the blue one then," George pointed at the long blazer in her right hand.

"Great! I'll pack it for you,"

"Thank you." George responded.

"Mine too," Purpled said.

"Sure! Will be ready in a minute."

Purpled faced George. "How have you been? Haven't seen you in a while,"

"I've been... around. Getting ready for the party like everyone else,"

"I see. Who's your friend?" 

"Oh," George looked at the guy standing next to him, offering a friendly smile. "This is Sykkuno. Sykkuno, this is Purpled."

The two shook hands and expressed cordial greetings. They had a casual chat whilst waiting for the clothier, with George and Purpled catching up and Purpled simply asking Sykkuno some questions to get to know him. Purpled had asked George whether he was coming to the party with Dream at one point. George could only shrug since he didn't know what to say. He didn't feel like talking about the man. Purpled, fortunately, sensed some uneasiness from the question and promptly shifted the conversation.

Sooner or later, the lady returned with their blazers and thanked them, also wishing them a wonderful evening when attending the party.

"Where are you guys heading to now?" Purpled asked.

For a brief moment, George thought about the question. He had finalized everything he needed to do before to the event. He'd already chosen his clothing for the evening, spent the previous day at the spa with Sykkuno, and even gone and got a haircut. He intended to visit Karl's place to get his nails done, but that would be after he had changed.

He pondered wanting to visit Dream, but he recalled what had happened recently, and he wasn't ready to face the man just yet. He concedes to himself that he was unfair for not letting the guy explain his side of the story, but pain had power over him like a puppet master. His sentiments were out of his control, and the only thing he could do to convey his misery was to cry.

He looked around the area, sinking deep into his thoughts. He missed the green blob and never wanted to see him so badly.

But George couldn't get the image of Dream and Fundy together out of his head. One thought lead to another, and next thing he knew, he had spaced out.

Worry squeezed Sykkuno, and Purpled snapped his fingers in front of George's face, recapturing his attention from another world. "Hey man, you good?"

George blinked a few times before his mind came back on track. He shook his head before responding, "Yeah, I am."

Purpled and Sykkuno swapped looks, communicating through their expressions. "Yeah- no. You need to get some rest before the party," Purpled suggested.