014

I was quite thankful at first that he was walking and I was running because I thought I would catch up to him quite quickly, but surprisingly, I couldn't find him. I racked my brain for a place where he might have gone before running off again.

"Choi Youngjae," I said quietly, standing in front of him as I found sitting on a bench at the park.
"What? Why'd you leave your boyfriend?"

I bit my lip.

"He's not my boyfriend."
"No?" he raised his eyebrows, finally looking up at him. "It doesn't seem like you aren't a real couple, with the way you two are acting,"
"Youngjae-"
"It's not like you're going to be just friends anymore when the week passes. No one can resist falling for BamBam. Not even Ah Yeon could, so I don't think you can resist his charms. Admit it, even you felt attracted to him when you guys first talked, just the two of you,"

I didn't say anything. He rolled his eyes and lowered his head into his hands again.

"I told you. BamBam always gets all the girls. Never the rest of us," he said bitterly. "When we get a girlfriend, it's either they move away or we break up because someone makes them fall in love with him,"

I watched him, thinking.

I could guess correctly that Baek Ah Yeon fell for BamBam, causing her and Youngjae's break up. But the others? Did BamBam have their girlfriends falling for him, too?

"Youngjae," I took a seat beside him. "Maybe he just can't help it. It might not be his fault that they fall for him,"
"Not his fault?" he scoffed. "Please. You've seen him flirt. You saw how he acts when he's around girls, with the skin ship and his words and everything. And his looks, too. Would you be able to not fall for him? I bet your heart beats faster when he touches your hand,"
"Yah!"

He looked at me again, his expression hard, waiting for what I was going to say next.

"Just because they all fell for BamBam doesn't mean I have to fall for him as well,"
"You're a girl. Girls are all the same."
"You're unbelievable!"

Girls were all the same? To hell with him. If I was like the other girls, I'd have a huge crush on him and would practically kill slash curse every girl who even tried talking to him. I wouldn't make him my muse if I was like other girls. I wouldn't even be here with him!

"Isn't it true, though? All girls are the same. They leave their boyfriends for a guys who are more attractive."
"Just because Ah Yeon left you for BamBam all other girls are like that, too!"
"Ask around, Park Chorong. They'll tell you the same thing I did,"

I stared at him, not knowing what to do anymore.

"What were you saying? That since BamBam got Ah Yeon, he shouldn't get me. What do you mean?"
"I met you first. He shouldn't get you from me because if it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have even met you,"

I still didn't get it. What did he mean? I wasn't his. Why was he acting like a possessive boyfriend?

The week passed quickly, me and Youngjae not talking to each other. Being with BamBam and his sister cheered me up, but I couldn't stop thinking about Youngjae.

"Time will heal you. And besides, it's not like he's your boyfriend or anything. Forget him. I'm your boyfriend, not him,"

When I shot him a glare, he kept his mouth closed about it. His sister were watching is curiously, most likely wondering about what were talking about.

"You're curious, aren't you?" he asked his sister in English. She nodded. "Well, too bad, I'm not telling you anything,"

These sort of things always make me smile, no matter how sad or upset I am. They were really playful and that was what I liked so much about them.