Chapter 4 - Let's Roll, Squad

Shota rolled out of bed ten minutes after his alarm had rudely awoken him. As much as he wanted to stay swaddled in his blankets, today was the first day of the new school year - meaning he had to go to work. Hizashi had gotten up an hour ago, just to be sure he was properly prepared for his classes. This was his first year teaching, so he wanted to get everything just right. Shota, however, had been teaching at U.A. for five years now - starting just after Hanta had joined their family. 

Today was also their first day at U.A. Hanta and Neito had both made it into the Hero Course - though in different classes, and Hitoshi was a General Studies student. He quietly wanted to join his brothers in the Hero Course, but his reservations about using his Quirk had overshadowed any aspiration to try out. Shota believes he could have made it, but at the end of the day, it's Hitoshi's choice. 

Shota started waddled to the bathroom, attempting to flatten his hair as he went. Suddenly, the bathroom door swung open.

"NEITO!" Hanta yelled, manoeuvring around Shota, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY  DEODORANT?"

"Seriously?" Shota muttered, just trying to get to the bathroom when an irritated Neito emerged from his own bedroom.

"I threw it out. It was empty." He hissed.

"No it wasn't!" Hanta groaned. "Stop messing with my stuff." 

"I will when you learn to tidy up after yourself." He snapped, running down the stairs.

Shota sighed, shaking his head as he closed the bathroom door behind himself. Life was usually noisy in their house - especially with Hizashi - but when first day nerves and school stress were mixed together, everyone became just that bit louder. Of course, he wouldn't change a thing, but maybe he would get himself a pair of ear defenders. 

Footsteps came running down the hallway outside, "Hanta! Tell Pa to feed the cats, would you?" Hitoshi said, followed by the sound of something clattering against the hardwood floor and a muffled "shit".

"Language!" Shota called.

"Sorry!" Hitoshi called back. 

Nope. Not a thing.

*******

"Everyone ready to go?" Shota asked, slinging his bag over his shoulder. As cliché as it was, he couldn't help the pride he felt swell in his chest at the sight of his three sons, each dressed in their U.A. uniforms. They even looked somewhat presentable! Hitoshi still looked half asleep, Hanta's blazer was a couple of sizes too big to accommodate his elbows, and Neito was trying to fix his hair, but still

"Neito, when you're done, fix Hito's hair." Shota said, going to redo Hanta's tie.

"What's wrong with my hair?" Hitoshi whined, but didn't swat Neito away when his hands attacked the purple mane.

"Guys we need to get going." Hizashi said, sticking his head into the living room. He froze in the doorway, staring at the domestic image of his family. He loved moments like this. Hanta was squirming as Shota tried to straighten his blazer, and Neito was glaring at his brother's hair, said brother looking like he hadn't slept the previous night. He probably hadn't. He didn't say anything, but they all knew Hitoshi was the most nervous about starting their new school. His whole life he'd had problems with bullies teasing him and saying nasty things about his Quirk, which had turned into one of the main reasons why he opted to never use it. 

"I think we're ready." Shota said, satisfied by the state of Hanta's uniform. "Let's go." He led the way out to the car and climbed into the drivers seat. Hizashi slid into the passenger's side and the boys filed into the back.