Chapter 7 - Mother of the Successor

WARNING: panic attack

The next day, Shota set a more practical activity for Class 1A. He organised them all into pairs and sent them off on a practice patrol, each of them equipped with an emergency phone that contacts both him and the nearest Hero Agency if anything serious  were to happen. He told them to keep to the city centre, but  he knew the chances of them listening were slim, to say the least.

This is why Hanta was currently wandering around a busy park with a coffee-fuelled Midoriya who was thirty minutes in an All Might rant. In all honesty, he didn't really mind simply listening - he was used to it from Neito's and his Pa's constant chatter when on long car drives.

"And oh my gosh I've just been talking the entire time haven't I? Sorry, Sero, I just find Heroes so fascinating and when someone gets me talking I have difficultly stopping, though I'm not muttering this time so I guess that's actually an improvement, and-" Midoriya suddenly clamped a hand over his mouth, looking guiltily up at his companion. "Sorry." He mumbled.

Hanta let out a laugh, "Don't worry about it, dude. You've met Kaminari, right? He runs his mouth like a treadmill, I'm used to it." 

"Anyway," Midoriya said around a chuckle, "I don't feel like I know you very well, so tell me about yourself." 

"Oh, erm, sure..." Hanta thought for a moment. What was he supposed to say? His entire family died in a fire five years ago and now he lives with his teachers and two adoptive brothers? Yeah, maybe not today. "I love cooking. I make a lot of traditional Spanish food usually, but around this time of year my family demands gingerbread and cake and stuff like that." 

"What's your family like?" Midoriya asked casually.

"I have two dads and two brothers." He side-eyed the smaller boy to gauge his reaction. 

"Oh, wow!" Midoriya said, genuinely awed. "I bet Father's Day is pretty hectic for you guys."

Hanta internally sighed in relief. "Yeah, it is. We also have five cats, so the house smells like a wacky mix of cat food, testosterone, and aftershave." Then he added, "And tacos on a Tuesday."

"Your family sounds awesome." Midoriya grinned.

"Chaotic is more accurate, but yeah, I guess they are." Hanta sighed thoughtfully. He was so grateful to be part of the Aizawa family. "But anyway, what about you?"

Midoriya hummed and said, "It's been just me and Mom for most of my life. My father left when I was really young, so I don't remember him." He shrugged. "As for hobbies... I have my Hero Notes that I'm constantly adding to."

"Okay, do you do anything that doesn't include being a No.1 fanboy of literally every Hero out there?" Hanta teased, testing the boundaries of Midoriya's humour.

"Not every Hero." Midoriya placed a hand on his chest in mock offence.

"So which one has been banished from your admiration, oh mighty Fanboy?"

"Endeavour." Midoriya grimaced at the mention of his name. "He's one of the biggest morons I've ever met... though I do still have some notes on him." He rushed the last part, partly ashamed that he couldn't resist from observing the Hero's fighting style, and partly unsurprised with himself.

"Those notebooks of yours must come in useful when studying." Hanta mused.

"They can do, but it's more of a hobby than anything." Midoriya shrugged.

They carried on in silence, keeping an eye out for anyone in need of help - they were on patrol, after all. 

"What do you think of Blue Crossed?" Midoriya eventually asked. There had been a news broadcast specifically to inform citizens on the immanent threat of the new villain, as well as informing them on all that the Heroes knew - which, admittingly, wasn't much.