Chapter 6 - Blue Crossed

Shota groaned as he fell backwards onto the couch in the teachers' lounge, his hair flopping over his eyes. It had been the day after the first attack the city had experienced from the new villain when Shota finally received a call from his superiors. They had told him to carry on as normal, so here he was, in school on Monday morning acting as if his son hadn't been kidnapped and three people weren't dead.

"This is ridiculous." He muttered to himself. There had been an official report filed on the new villain they were calling 'Blue Crossed', but the facts were limited as of right now. No amount of tracking and digital scans could locate where the broadcast originated from - whoever this person was, they were good with covering their tracks. 

This then led to the next question: were they working alone? Behind the scenes they could have an entire team of high-tech associates, as well as those specialising in other fields. They could have ties with the League of Villains for all they knew. 

Shota closed his eyes when he heard the door opening, hoping that if he appeared asleep he would be left alone. 

"I know you're not asleep." 

Dammit.

Shota grunted at Nezu's comment and sat up. He watched silently as Nezu made them both a cup of tea and settled down on the couch beside him.

"How is your family?" The Principle finally asked, swirling the tea in his cup.

"They're... fine." Shota said slowly. Nezu was one of the few working at U.A. who knew about his eventful home-life.

"You don't sound very certain." Nezu mused, taking a delicate sip.

Shota placed his cup on the table in front of them. "I'm worried."

"And rightly so." Nezu nodded.

"Can you believe they're not doing anything?" Shota snapped, looking down at his boss beside him.

"I believe they're doing everything they can-"

"No they're not!" Shota stood and began pacing back and forth. "I don't think anybody realises how many lives are at stake. The don't even know who the potential targets are. And on top of that, they're not just killing people, so wiping out Heroes' families may not be their end goal."

"You're referring to Neito?" Nezu hummed, placing his cup down and focussing on the teacher working an indent into his floor.

"Yes, of course I am. He doesn't remember much about the encounter - which is probably for the best - but he was still a target. Hardly anyone knows about my family, which means whoever this Blue Crossed is has access to secure files and data. Who knows what they're going to do next." Shota slumped back down on the couch, mentally exhausted from his little outburst. 

"Neito is in class today, isn't he?" Nezu asked.

"I offered to stay home with him but he insisted on coming in." Shota had been concerned about any lasting effects of the kidnapping Neito had been subjected to, but after a nights sleep he seemed to be fine. The mark on his arm still hadn't shown any sign of fading - that being the only evidence that the whole ordeal had even taken place. 

"It's an admirable trait, facing trouble head on instead of hiding away. You must be very proud." Nezu said thoughtfully.

Shota smiled to himself. "Yeah. Yeah, I am." 

A sudden knock at the door cut their conversation short, and Shota called out a tired "Come in."

"Dad!" A frantic Hitoshi said from the doorway.