Chapter 13 - When Things Get Personal

"I'm telling you, guys, Blue Crossed totally gonna come for U.A. at some point." Mina ranted between bites of her lunch. "We're too awesome to not wanna attack. I mean, just look at the League of Villains! They're all over us."

"Something is telling me there's more to their targets than just 'awesomeness.'" Hanta commented, slightly irritated by her disregard for the seriousness of the situation.

"Are you kidding? They put Todobro into lockdown with his family, and if they're not the definition of awesome I don't know what is!" Kaminari was too passionate about his statement for Hanta's liking. Why was everyone annoying him today?

"You don't know a lot anyway, I doubt it would be much of a loss." Bakugo snapped.

"Hey!"

Hanta rolled his eyes. Was he really the only one who thought Bakugo's comments were unnecessary? Every other time he spoke he was insulting someone, and the others just let him. They rarely retaliated or stood up for someone he'd spoked ill about - Hanta being the most recent of the bunch to hold off Bakugo when he prevented his and Midoriya's fight. He chose to ignore the friction he felt between himself and the group after that, since Bakugo had barely spoken to him and Mina seemed wary of his presence. All he had done was stopped two idiots from ending up in Recovery Girl's office, and yet he was treated like the bad guy!

Across the cafeteria his eyes caught Midoriya's. Shota had informed them all of the messages the smaller boy had received the previous day, and while they'd all been relatively shook up by them, Midoriya was the one who'd insisted they carried on as normal - drawing attention to himself would only cause speculation and curiosity. Hanta nodded, sending a reassuring smile before returning to his long-turned cold food.

"If you ask me," Nobody asked, Bakugo, Hanta thought. "The Heroes could be doing a lot fucking more than they are. They're making a show of the Hero Society. They should just let me go after Bitch Crossed, then we'd finally be out of this shit. Incompetent bastards."

Hanta slammed his cup down on the table, making the others flinch in surprise. "And what would you know about tracking down an anonymous serial killer who is borderline insane?"

"They're just like every other Villain. Nothing original about them." Bakugo hissed, clenching his fists on the table. It was painfully obvious Kirishima's hand on his knee was the only thing keeping him from throttling Hanta.

"Except for the fact that every single one of their attacks has been successful."

"Oh what would you know Soy Sauce? There's a reason you're at the bottom of the class and I'm at the top." Bakugo proudly puffed his chest and smirked at the black-haired boy, who glared in return.

"Is your ego really so fragile that you had to make that personal?"

"Sero-" Mina had a frown set on her face, scowling at him. Jumping to Bakugo's defence, as usual. Unbelievable. If Bakugo could take things to the next level, then so could he.

"I'm just stating facts." Bakugo snarled, voice starting rise.

"Wow." Hanta nodded, pursing his lips. "Okay." I'm done with this shit.

"HA! I knew you're just full of crap-"

"Y'know what? Come find me when you finally drag your head outta your ass. Maybe then we can have a civilised conversation without you having to fuel your overinflated pride between every breath." Hanta stood and stalked away from the table, abandoning his uneaten lunch.

"YOU FUCKING-" Bakugo's voice boomed throughout the cafeteria. The groups of students surrounding them went quiet, watching the conflict with unfiltered excitement and curiosity.