Chapter 8 - Welcome To House Aizawa

Midoriya woke up and rolled over. It took him a moment to realise he didn't fall straight onto the floor like he did most mornings. He shot up, feeling way too comfortable on his lumpy mattress. 

That's when he realised it wasn't his mattress. 

Or his bed.

Or even his room. 

He noticed how he was still dressed in his school uniform, though his shoes had been removed and placed beside the door. He climbed off the twin bed and looked around. All the furniture was a crisp white, practically glowing in the light shining through the gaps in the curtains. Midoriya's eye caught the clock on the wall. 2pm. 

He was five hours late to school. 

He shoved his feet into his shoes and pulled the door open, stepping into the hallway. Wooden panels made up the floor and the walls were a pale grey. Multiple photo frames lined the hall, but he sped past them and down the stairs.  

When he reached the bottom, the smell of coffee got stronger. He could see the front door from where he was. He could make a run for it now. 

"Good afternoon, Midoriya." 

He froze. He recognised that voice. Turning on his heel slowly, his eyes met with that of his teacher sat on a stool beside a kitchen counter. 

"Aizawa sensei?" He said quietly. Suddenly, the memory of every that had transpired yesterday came flooding back to him. Tears stung at his eyes for what felt like the millionth time. "What- where am I?" He asked, heading towards the familiar face whilst rubbing his eyes.

"You're at my house. You passed out after leaving the station yesterday, so I thought it would be best for you to rest before anything else." Shota said, placing his empty cup down. "How do you feel?"

Midoriya thought for a moment. Honestly, he felt awful. He could tell his eyes were crusty with dried tears and sleep, and feel his hair was more of a mess than usual. His muscles ached from the cold, metallic chairs of the police station as he waddled into the kitchen. "Like shit." He said.

"Understandable." Shota said, ignoring the language and pouring Midoriya a cup of coffee from the machine - he looked like he needed it. Midoriya muttered a thanks as he climbed onto the stool beside Shota, revelling in the warmth the cup provided. "So, I made all the necessary calls and spoke to too many people for my liking, but I got it all sorted out. You're going to be staying here until the Blue Crossed case is closed and something permanent is sorted."

Midoriya looked at Shota and smiled sadly. "Thank you, sensei." 

"Just call me Aizawa, or Shota if you feel comfortable with that." He said, glancing at the clock on the wall. "Just a heads up, everyone else will be back soon. If you don't feel like socialising you're welcome to stay in the spare room, nobody will be offended."

"Everybody else..." Midoriya was beyond confused. "You don't live alone?" He yelped when the front door suddenly slammed open.

"NEITO! I swear if you don't shut up I will exterminate your existence."

"Oh please, you know I'm right. Just stop denying it."

"Hito, Nei, shut up. We have a guest, remember?"

Midoriya's head whipped towards Shota, who just said "We're in here, guys." A flurry of footsteps followed, then three familiar faces appeared in the doorway. Midoriya's jaw dropped.

"Midobro!" Hanta exclaimed, going in for a fist bump, which the green-haired boy confusedly met. "Good to see you're up."

"From the look on his face," Hitoshi made his way towards the fridge, "he wasn't expecting us."