Chapter 16 - The Next Symbol of Peace

"That's everything he said." Shota collapsed back against the chair opposite Nezu's desk, exhausted after recounting everything Hitoshi had told them in the hospital. Hizashi was currently at home picking up a few things to bring back to the hospital, and Neito, Hanta, and Midoriya were hanging around with Hitoshi.

"And that's everything he experienced?" Nezu probed, making notes.

"Everything he can remember."

"I see." Nezu nodded. "Even so, this information may be of great use to our search. I would like to thank him personally when he is accepting visitors. It cannot be easy recollecting such a traumatic event so soon after it occurred, his contribution is greatly appreciated."

Shota nodded. He wished so bad that Hitoshi didn't have anything to give. He wished none of them had any personal encounters with Blue Crossed. He wished Blue Crossed didn't even exist. That's his three wishes right there. Pity genies don't exist.

"Also... there's something else I wanted to talk about." Shota shifted in his seat. He'd been dreading this moment for days. "Hawks approached me the other day."

"I'm afraid I can't offer you a restraining order. That isn't within my power." Nezu didn't even look up from his stack of papers.

Shots fired.

"What? No, that's not..." Shota shook his head. He would never understand how his boss' mind worked. "Moving on. He came to me because he believed I would be the most understanding." Nezu glanced up at him, eyebrow in a perfect arch. Shota glared at him. The audacity. He cleared his throat and continued. "He came with a proposal. For the Heroes." Shota hesitated. He hoped this didn't land him in jail along with Hawks. "He wants a team up between the Heroes and League of Villains."

Nezu's eyes met his. He placed his papers down and folded his hands on the desk. "Interesting."

Shota's foot tapped against the floor. Interesting? Is that it?

"An intriguing proposal, to say the least. What do you make of it?"

Shota stared at the desk between them. What did he think of it? He thought Hawks was naïve for assuming the Heroes could possibly be on board with it, but... was he okay with it? In all fairness, they had gotten more insight into the situation with Hitoshi's information, but whether it would be enough was yet to be seen. It truly was a search for a needle in a haystack. Blue Crossed could be anywhere, anyone, the chances of finding them currently were unbelievably slim. Maybe having another team would help. Hawks was right, the League could lead the hunt from the shadows while the Heroes operated in daylight, they'd flush Blue Crossed out at some point, they had to. There was no choice in that.

"I think... it's risky." He started, slowly. "There's no way of knowing they're not just setting us up. And we don't know how the public will react, nor how the League expects to be treated afterwards. But still..." Shota knew he was going to regret this later. "It may be worth a shot."

Nezu nodded, thinking it over. "I see." He suddenly carried on scribbling something down on his papers, leaving Shota to wonder what the hell he meant by that. Again. "I'll have to speak to a few others, but you can tell Hawks his proposal shall be put through for consideration."

Shota's jaw almost hit the floor. "I'm sorry, what? You agree with this?"

"You speak as though you do not?" Nezu had him there.

Shota huffed and tapped his foot against the floor. He really was losing his mind at this point. He awkwardly nodded to his boss before standing and leaving the office. He needed to clear his head.