Chapter Five

I walked into my house and slammed the door shut, startling my mom slightly as she had been watching a horror movie.

"Jeyda! What's with the slamming of our do—?" She frowned, setting down her cup of tea. She didn't reach the table though, as I had paused time for a moment just to scream.

And then proceeded with more screaming of how infuriated I was.

"For once, I thought my date would go great! I got dressed decent, put on makeup, and got there extra early so he wouldn't think i was ditching him! Then of course Peter fucking Maximoff has to come in and ruin everything! GOD! And then I find out that not only is he a mutant, he's the fastest man alive! Compared to me, that's once again another thing that makes us opposites! I'm slow, he's fast. But he's also a god damned mutant!" I yelled again and punch the wall, wailing in pain as time returned to normal. I shook my hand, hissing quietly.

"—rs?" My mom continued as I dropped my hand and sighed.

"Date went bad again." I grumbled, slipping my high tops off. "I think I'm going to go play darts, maybe print a picture of Peter's face and pin it to the board." I trudged up the stairs to our game room, my mom watching me leave before returning to her movie.

I stared down at our printer, waiting impatiently as it printed Peter's school picture. Oh, the perks of being in the yearbook-club.

Once it had finished printing, I ripped it out, pinning it against the dart board as I grabbed a handful of darts.

I stared at the small plastic weapons in my hand, watching carefully as one floated up before making a b-line straight into Peter's forehead.

Now, I wouldn't say I wanted to kill him. Sometimes, yes, I would love to strangle him to the point of unconscious, but he hasn't actually done anything to deserve death.

Just a good ole slap to the face.

With a rocket.

I sighed quietly, bringing the dart back over along with the paper, staring down at Peter. It disgusted me that I mommy mind though he was cute. I hated that I thought that, I'll be honest. But was I really going to lie if someone asked me if I thought he was attractive?

...

Yes I was. I will never admit that to another loving being. Why was I even pondering the idea of admitting Peter Maximoff was cute?

I crumbled up the paper and tossed it away, continuing to play a normal game of darts without the face.

I frowned after hearing a loud thud. "Mom?" I called out, dropping all of the darts and going to run downstairs before pausing.

When I turned around to look out the balcony, my eyes widened as I saw Peter standing out there, a horrified expression on his face.

"Let me in!" He yelled, turning to look back every few seconds. "Jeyda let me in!" He pleaded as I cautiously walked over, slowly going to unlock the door.

But the moment I heard it click, a gust of wind d knocked me into the pool table, and Peter was slamming the door shut, swinging the blinds closed. "Jesus you're slow!" He peeked out the balcony, shutting the blinds again.

"Get out." I suddenly blurted, pointing down the stairs. Peter's head practically snapped as he turned to face me, his goggles embedded into his face.

"What?!" He yelled as I pressed my finger to my lips. He stepped closer. "I cannot go back out there right now. I'll literally be killed."