Chapter Eight

"Your dad?" Peter asked, maybe for the 100th time as we walked into a richer neighborhood, my eyes scanning the mailboxes.

"Yes! Charles Xavier is my dad." I snapped as he frowned in confusion.

"How are you so sure? I mean, he coul—"

"His name is on my birth certificate." I interrupted as we walked up to a large White House, the columns decorated in fall decor.

"Wow. Whose house is this?" Peter asked as he spun around in admiration. "I could literally fit my house in here."

"Shut up and hi—" before I could finish the door swung open, my eyes widening when I didn't feel a gust of wind from behind.

Natalie also stood there with wide eyes, flickering between Peter and I's.

"Oooohhh. Hi Natalie." Peter waved with a grin as she slowly waved back, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Look, I don't have time to explain,because there is currently a giant, mutant mimicking robot follow us, but I need to tell you that my mom just abandoned me and I don't have a lot of stuff left now so I'm going out to look for my dad with lunatic-whose-the-reason-all-of-this-is-happening-to-me, and I just came to say goodbye." I inhaled sharply and coughed, shaking my hands.

"That was... a lot to process— your mom abandoned you?" Natalie frowned as I did.

"That's all you registered from that? Not even me talking about how I'm literally running from something with my worst enemy?" I asked, pointing to Peter.

"Uh... second worst enemy. Remember that you just said we're being. Based by a robot that can mimic our abilities." He frowned as I waved him off.

"Okay uh... do you guys need anything?" Natalie asked as Peter raised a finger up, ready to speak before I forced him to shut his mouth using my telepathy. He attempted to speak, only being muffled. "What?"

"Mmh. Mhm hm." He frowned, glaring into the back of my head.

"Are you using your telepathy on him?!"

"I want him to shut up!" I argued as Natalie glared at me and I sighed, letting Peter speak.

"Your bathroom." He gasped out as if I had been forcing him to stop breathing, and I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"Uh... yeah— yeah come on in, guys." Natalie opened the door more, and I turned around to face Peter.

"In and out. I'm not risking anything happening to Natalie's house." With that, I felt a surge of confusion wave over my friend as Peter brushed past her, giving her a wink.

"Sorry what—? What the hell did I miss? I haven't watched the news—"

"The robot blew my house up. And, I'll be honest, genuinely thought it was the winter soldier, but then I realized that guy doesn't exist, and if he did, I'd be attempting to sleep with him right now." I said as Natalie blew out a whistle.

"Wouldn't we all. Bucky Barnes?"

"Hot." The two of us said in unison. I mean yeah, we'd only seen him on comic books, but even then the details of him really showed he was good looking.

"So how did you and Peter end up— Y'know? I thought you two were enemies?" She asked, nudging my side as I frowned at her.

"We still are. He's the reason my house blew up, and the reason my mom abandoned me. But, I can't exactly run away alone, and currently the robot is only after Peter and I, so we are going to lure it away from town and then... kill it?"