Chapter Thirteen

2 weeks later

So long story short, things got a bit awkward between Peter and I for a few days. You shouldn't be surprised, I did accuse him of... I don't even want to say it anymore.

I discovered that I sleepwalk. Found myself waking up as I was falling into the pool. So thanks Peter, for not letting me drown.

Again.

I keep getting the feeling that the robot should be here at any moment. But it's been eerily quiet. And I hate eerily quiet.

But, I just hope it stays that way.

"I think we should start heading to the X-mansion." I spoke while digging into my plate of pancakes and sausages. The perk of messing with the owners mind is that you also get free room service.

Peter almost choked on his orange juice. "What?! But it's so nice here!"

"I'm starting to feel guilty." I replied, pushing away my plate of food. That was partially true. I was starting to feel guilty that the owner was the only one that wasn't aware what we were doing was illegal. Well... I hoped he wasn't.

"But we have nice, comfortable beds to sleep on every night. And we— we have a pool! And a hot tubbbb." Peter mused, standing up and gesturing outside as if to emphasize his point. "We haven't even stayed her that long! And we don't know if that robot is still after us."

"And that's why we should leave now before this place gets destroyed! We can't stay here forever." I argued as his hands dropped. Peter ran up to me with his speed, gently grabbing my arms.

"I think we should stay. It's safe here. That robot can't spot us unless we look over the edge. Not to mention this is a luxury suite we are living in right now." Peter scoffed out a laugh as I just stared ahead, and shook my head.

"I only ran to find the x-mansion. And.. well because my mom disowned me. But if I'm still running, then I'm not going to stop until I find my dad." I brushed myself off of Peter as we watched me walk into the living room, frowning in disapproval.

"Are you kidding me? Going out there, we will be targets again!" Peter yelled as I froze up for a moment, shutting my eyes slowly as I took in a sharp breath.

"Then maybe I should start learning how to use my powers." I muttered to myself, looking at the TV. I tilted my head slightly, watching as it flickered on, the channels changing at a fast pace as it started to form a sentence.

"We.. le-Ave... now."

Peter's eyes widened as he slowly pointed at the tv. "That was freaky." He whispered as I grabbed his duffel bag, which had been emptied since he ate all of the Twinkie's. "I'm gonna go... get myself some clothes." Peter disappeared in the blink of an eye, leaving me alone.

I started packing everything I brought including the things I took from here, listening to news play.

"Tragedy has struck in Antelope, California today. In just 30 minutes, 2 bombs have gone off, and over 100 buildings have already been destroyed. Officials including the S.W.A.T. Team are currently working on finding any more bombs and—"

I shut the TV off quickly, closing my eyes.

They don't need help. They don't need it. I have things to do.

I felt a huge gust of wind that nearly knocked me down, turning to see Peter in new clothes, holding a duffel bag full of clothes.

"Did you— you didn't!"

"Steal a bunch of clothes? No one saw me." He shrugged with a smirk as I glared at him, throwing a plastic fork into his chest with my telekinesis. "Ow! Watch it those prongs hurt!"