Chapter Ten

6:08 PM

Peter and I stared up at Caesar's Palace, a hotel that had been built seven years ago, Peter's goggles dancing with the light it created.

"We have to see the suite in this place. Do you know how much it costs to stay there a night?" Peter asked as he wiggled around like an excited puppy.

"I'm guessing in the thousands." I sighed quietly as Peter nodded.

"It literally has its own private pool. And a private garden." Peter continued to persuade as I grew more wary of the consequences.

Cons... We could get caught, and people would know we were mutants.

We could get caught, and thrown in jail for attempting to break in.

I would once again be staying in the same room as Peter Maximoff.

And the pros... I'd have a once in a lifetime opportunity to sleep in a presidential suite. That was an opportunity I couldn't pass up, right?

"Dammit." I muttered under my breath, staring ahead at the doors before turning to Peter. "Okay. Here's how this will go. Instead of using my ability on a hundred people and making them believe I'm not there, I'll just stop time, get the key, and... then we can go up to the suite undetected."

"That's a way better plan than what I was thinking." Peter muttered as I raised a brow.

"What were you thinking?" I asked as he shrugged.

"I grab the key with my super speed, have you pretend to be the owners daughter and I'm your   boy— plus one, and we just go up there." Peter cut himself off, but I could tell what he was going to say.

And did I agree with the Chance we'd pretend to be a couple to get into the hotel? ... no.

"Okay. Let's do this." I turned back to the hotel, my hands glowing a faint green as the world came to a standstill. I grunted quietly due to how wide I had paused Vegas, shaking my head.

"You have to get the keys then take me up there. I've never paused time this wide before." I huffed as Peter nodded, zooming in the hotel then back out, a grin on his face as he held the key up.

"I made sure to put a fake name down on their paper so it looked like someone was staying there and they wouldn't check." Peter cocked his tongue with a wink as I nodded quickly, my knees beginning to buckle.

Peter's eyes widened as he quickly grabbed me, running us upstairs as I stopped using my ability, and Vegas returned to normal.

I gasped for air and feel to the ground, Peter wasting no time to panic as I crawled to an electrical outlet, raising my hand closer to it. I felt the energy from the building flow into my hand and through my body, slowly re-energizing me. The lights of the building flickered for a moment, then returned to normal.

"Woah. So like... your energy thing can heal you?" Peter asked as I nodded.

"And anyone else that's been injured. Whether they were born like it, or their injuries happened a long time ago." I inhaled sharply and stood up, wobbling for a moment. Peter rushed over to my side (quite literally) and offered to help me sit down. "I got it."

"You still seem a bit—"

"I said I got it." I snapped a bit harshly, rubbing my eyes with a sigh. "Sorry... just not a fan of getting help." I continued as Peter nodded, his eyes catching something quickly.

"No way." He gasped out a laugh as he quickly walked over to a table, pulling out a wine bottle and large whiskey bottle, turning around to face me. "This day just got a thousand times better."