Chapter thirty - nine

5th of April
10:40am

"Wake up princess" His soft voice groaned nudging me a little "hm?" I hummed back, "we're here" he told me giving me a moment to adjust to the setting of his hometown. "Shouldn't we have gotten here ages ago?" I asked rubbing my eyes "I got myself food because you were asleep and so was my mom" He said getting out of the stuffy car and stretching his legs.

I did the same trying to freshen up, still in the clothes I was in the day before. Nick took out our duffel bags stuffed with clothing and other essential items. Swinging mine over his shoulder, he headed towards his home.

"Nicholas is that you honey?" His mums sweet voice called out as we entered the house. It smelt of cinnamon, like cinnamon candles. "Is she here?" I could hear his mum excitedly say as my eyes wandered their home.

"Hello Mom, I missed you too" Nick hugged his mother, him being slightly taller. "Oh that's enough already" she let go of him as he laughed at her antics pushing past towards me. "It's great to finally meet you Miss," I smiled hugging the woman happily.

She did the same smiling back at me. "Oh call me Holly dear, I've been waiting to meet the woman that's finally settled My Nicholas down" She laughed at herself while Nick grew red. "So he's talked about me?" I grinned at him, while she nodded ecstatically "All the time, all good things".

She showed me that she followed my twitch channel, needing a little help from her son before sending us off to wake up Nicks sister Riley. "Your mum is amazing" I told him smiling being really fond of the woman. "Your sister is seven right?" I asked remembering a few short conversations with her over the years. Entering her room was like a wonderland. She had all the colours of the world everywhere. She was already awake, playing with these two barbie like princesses.

"RY" Nick screamed hugging his sister that he obviously missed. She stared up at me whilst hugging her brother, smiling. She looked as if she was trying to figure out who I was. "Rylie, Remember Y/n?, the girl you talked to a little while ago" he said to her, she nodded obviously remembering very little of me. Not as if we properly met anyways. "Girl..? Friend?" She questioned looking up to her brother pausing between the two words.

"Yeah, you got it, girlfriend" he said for her giving her a chance to learn the word "Girlfriend!" She smiled at her accomplishment. Nick had told me previously that his sister has trouble pronouncing things. As to why he was praising her for getting it right. I smiled at the sight. Nick crumbeled under his sisters gaze.

He's going to make an amazing father one day.

We soon dispersed to get freshened up, allowing Nicks mother to help his sister pick a subtitle outfit for today. "I'm gonna shower if that's ok" I said to Nick who smiled pointing to where his room was, as it had a bathroom attached to it. His room was white with a red rug on the floor. A few pictures around the room of him and his family, along with his subscriber plaques.

I turned the shower on watching as steam flew up towards the ceiling, letting condensation pile up on the mirror and shower screen. I drew little shapes and pictures along the shower screen watching as the door slowly opened.

Knowing it was my boyfriend I continued showering. Letting him join. It wasn't sexual although we were both standing naked, it was more loving.

How much she would give to have a shower..

"Plans for today?" I asked looking slightly upward to the male running his fingers through his soapy hair. "I was thinking we could take Riley out and have a nice day, then later we could go to dinner, including my mom of course let you get to know them"

"Sounds good babe, Riley is adorable I love her." I told him cooing over his little sister "I'm jealous" he replied "you've got competition Armstrong" I said "Y/n, love she's seven" I groaned saying "you know what I meant"

I changed into Nicks blue Texas hoodie and some shorts. Fixing my hair into two braids. A small shy knock appeared on the bathroom door, although it was open. "Can y..you do my hir too Y..Y/n..e?" She pointed too the two braids and then too her long brown hair. Her voice was frail, as if she was scared of judgement at such a young age.

I happily replied "of course, do you want it like mine?" I asked "Yes peas" she pulled over Nicks old desk chair plopping herself down. I carefully pulled at her hair tying it into little braids as I could see Nick watching from his bed.

She happily stared at herself in the mirror flicking her braids around. "She likes you it seems" Nick commented on the girls happy attitude "Parrrk?" She asked jumping around. Nick smiled and agreed.

We spent the day with his sister, most of it. We took her to the park and she had to get Nick to play on everything. He looked like he was having fun on the swings with her. The children swings made for baby's.

We then took her to get icecream under her request, she chose strawberry while Nick and I ordered Mint and vanilla. Then we proceeded to take her home because seemingly she managed to get icecream everywhere. And I mean everywhere. So Holly had to take her for a bath to get her ready for tonight's dinner.

My first day in Texas felt like it got away from me as we were all getting ready for dinner. Like a welcome home dinner for Nick, and an introduction. Although I met them.

Nicks sister wore a rosey dress, while Holly, Nicks mum wore this amazing suit. It looked good on her, I don't think I realised how fancy we were going..

The dinner was welcoming, it was nice. The conversation filled the air with laughter and I began to know my boyfriends family.

They were like how I imagined them, they all had this carefree playful banter with eachother, they made fun of small little things about the other as if it was their way of saying I love you. It felt happy and I was glad to be apart of it. I was thankful for a lot of things in life, and I found this to be another..

A/n
Hey,

I love you <3

Wordcount: 1123