Telling Truth

Though their sexual relationship worked out just fine, Marinette still worried about her boyfriend, as he woke up during many nights, all sweaty and mostly crying.

Marinette, who hadn't reconciled with her father yet, stayed with him for the nights and could quickly calm him down, but she was worrying a lot.

So one morning, when Gabriel was already working in his office and Adrien was already at an early fencing practice, before school even started, she decided to talk to Nathalie, who was having breakfast with her.

A couple of weeks had passed by now and the pregnant woman was still feeling nauseous in the mornings, yet she had quite some appetite, once she had thrown up.

And as Gabriel insisted, that she would stay in bed a little longer than him, she enjoyed having the first meal of the day with the young girl or both teenagers.

So, as they were alone today, Marinette carefully approached the matter:

"Uhm...Nathalie? You know about Adrien's nightmares, right?"

The dark haired woman looked up from her food and nodded.

"Do you know, why he has them?", she reluctantly questioned further.

Nathalie sighed and shrugged.

"I have a hunch and I hope every time, I think about it, that I am wrong, but....", she sighed again. "I am very certain, that it's something that Emilie, I mean, his mother did to him. Did he tell you?"

The teenager nodded.

"Well, kind of. In his dreams, he always begs his mummy to not hurt him and not make him do something, he doesn't like. And uhm....."

She blushed the moment she realized, what she was about to say, but gathered all her courage and did it anyway:

"In that night, when he stayed at my place, he woke up from one of his nightmares and I brought him up to my bed, to hold him and comfort him and on the way he was hesitant, so I tried to lighten up the situation, by saying, I wouldn't rape him and that only made his state worse. And then there was this first time, we....you know.....when I touched his.....you know that too.....he reacted similar, rolling himself into a ball and hugging his legs. Then he suddenly wanted to continue making out to not disappoint me! I am still not sure, what he was talking about!"

The boy's step mother groaned.

"I might know, who can tell me. But I have to ask him in private. He most certainly won't admit anything, when you're there too, but....that last part, you're a disappointment, he mentioned that before. Gabriel, I mean!"

Marinette agreed.

"I would feel by far too embarrassed to talk to him about me and Adrien and.....you know.....anyway!"

She giggled sheepishly.

"Is he getting better?", Nathalie now wondered.

The half Chinese girl shrugged.

"One day, I think, he is, and the next day, I think he isn't. But he told me, he has had them every night. At least this has improved. He never has nightmares after.....uhm, when we had....well...sex!"

She blushed even more now, but held Nathalie's gaze.

The assistant took another bite of her croissant and thought for a moment, then swallowed her sweet breakfast and drank a bit of coffee. Decaf sadly, but at least Gabriel didn't argue over every cup anymore, since she had started to drink this.

After placing the mug on the table, Nathalie kindly told Marinette:

"Well, first of all, thank you for being so open and talk to me about that. I will take care of that issue. But now you should hurry, because it's getting late already and you need to go. I will advice Gabriel, to let Adrien have regular doctor's appointments with a good psychiatrist!"