[4] ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ ʀᴏᴏᴍ

Lando looked at Alexis in a shocked way. After all what happened was she still excited for the purple flame. He shook his head a little and said, "I don't think we should do that after what just happened back there in the forest."

"The creature's already here, so what's the worst that could happen? Do you think that the creature will fly towards the school or something?" Alexis laughed. "I just don't think it's safe, that's all I'm saying." Lando said. "Pleeeaaase?" Alexis stood up and tried to walk up to Lando who was standing in the middle of the room next to the beds.

"Okay fine, but maybe not here. Remember what happened to that tree?" Lando said. "Alright then, where could we practice?" Alexis asked. "I know this room where no one comes which is still inside the school." Lando said. "Then what are you waiting for? Let's go!" Alexis tried to run towards the door but forgot her leg hurt.

"Oww! Why does this have to hurt so freaking much?!" she said as she collapsed to the ground. "I guess I'll hold you again then." Lando shrugged his shoulders. "You're so niceeee." Alexis smiled. "Yeah yeah, whatever. Let's just go." Lando rolled with his eyes and picked up Alexis.

They took the elevator again downstairs and walked over to a big abandoned room which looked like an old dancing studio thanks to the big mirror on one of the walls and a dancing bar. A bunch of cardboard boxes were placed all over the room and it looked like they weren't touched in ages.

As they were inside, Lando closed the door and made sure no one saw them go in there.

"Alright, you ready?" Alexis already had electric beams razing in her hands. "Mhm." Lando nodded as he emerged a flame in his hand.

They brought their abilities together and not even 2 seconds later, the purple flame came back. It looked exactly like the thing they'd created in the forest earlier. They looked at each other in agreement and added their free hands to the flame. By surprise, the second flame didn't connect with the other but just remained separated.

"Why won't it connect to the other?" Alexis tilt her head a bit. "I don't know, but let's try harder." Lando said and added more fierce to both of the purple flames. "I think it's working!" Alexis said and their eyes had a glance of red and blue. "Let's try it out on one of those boxes." Lando said and nodded to the boxed next to them.

"Isn't that destroying the school's property?" Alexis asked. "Oh, I kinda forgot about that." Lando laughed. "What will happen when we try it out on the mirror?" Alexis asked. "Maybe it'll bounce back, or maybe it'll just destroy everything." Lando said. "True, but there's no use if we just hold it like this." Alexis said.

"Maybe we can-" Lando said but immediately stopped talking when he heard the doorknob go down. They quickly stopped using their abilities and ran over to the other side of the room to hide behind one of the boxes.

It were the principal and the vice-principal who came in the room to talk somewhere privately. Luckily, they didn't know Alexis and Lando were also in the room so they didn't stop doing what they wanted to do.

"Farah, do you really think it's a good idea to go to the forest? Especially after what happened to that August girl?" the vice-principal said worried. "Yes, I'm pretty sure we can defeat the creature. If we ask Silva to come with us, we'll be strong enough." the principal said assured. "If you say so, tomorrow?" the vice-principal asked.

"Sounds good, could you go ask Silva about this? Then I'm sure he'll come with us." the principal asked. "Sure thing, he can't say no when it comes to the safety of everyone here in the school." the vice-principal laughed and left the room.

Principal Dowling was still in the room and thought about practicing her ability when she suddenly heard something creak behind the boxes. She looked up but didn't mind it at first until she heard a second creak. The floor was made of parquet wood, which made it creak with every move you made.