[9] ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ

As they arrived back at the stone circle, they looked at each other in happiness. They'd found the way back to school without getting lost or getting attacked by any other creatures.

"We did it!" Alexis said excited. "Yeah, I guess we did. But how are we gonna get back without being noticed?" Lando asked. "We could try along the waterfall like we did to come here." Alexis pointed at the waterfall somewhere next to the stone circle. "That's a good plan, let's do that." Lando said and they walked over to the waterfall.

"Okay, could you try and make the portal visible again?" Lando asked as they stood in front of the waterfall. "Mhm, just give me a minute." Alexis said as she started making electricity sparks in her hands. "Wait, who are the people over there?" Lando asked as he pointed at some people who were walking towards the waterfall.

"I think that that's the principal, quick! Hide before she sees us!" Alexis said as she pulled Lando with her to hide behind one of the trees next to the waterfall. "What could they be doing here?" Lando whispered to Alexis as they were hiding. "I don't know, but we can't be here so we'll have to be careful." Alexis whispered to Lando.

"So, I think it's best that we handle this as quickly as we can." the principal said to Silva, Harvey and the vice-principal as they were walking towards the forest next to the waterfall. "I'm sure we can do this, it's not the first time that we've done this." Silva said. "I just don't know if there are more of them or not." the principal said.

"I think they're talking about the creature, I'm pretty sure they're gonna look for it now." Lando whispered to Alexis. "But we already killed it, so they can look longer for it while we try and escape without them seeing us." Alexis whispered back. "They're going in right now, let's go!" Lando whispered and pulled Alexis with him while standing up.

As they arrived at the entrance of the school, there were no guards around so they could just sneak into the school without anyone knowing. They ran to the elevator and quickly pressed the button with a 5 on it. As soon as the doors opened, they ran towards Lando's dormitory and quickly closed the door behind them.

"Uh- are y'all gonna make out or something..?" someone suddenly asked which made the 2 look up in fear. "Wha- oh hey there!" Lando said as he looked at the guy sitting on the right bed. "And no, we're not." Lando laughed. "I'm his roommate Keith, who are you?" the guy looked at Alexis in a friendly way.

"The name's Alexis, it's nice to meet you!" Alexis said and smiled. "Where were you guys? I thought we weren't allowed to go outside." Keith said. "W-we weren't?" Alexis said as she looked at Lando in a scared way. "Oh okay, there's a new update about the creature by the way." Keith said and opened his phone. "A new update?" Lando asked.

"Yeah, look. Apparently, they saw that the creature was already dead when they found it. They also said something about purple dust or something." Keith said and showed his phone with the message to Lando and Alexis. "P-purple dust?" Alexis said. "Not again, we'll be right back Keith." Lando said as he pulled Alexis with him to the door.

"Where are you going?" Keith asked confused. "Uh- we're assigned to help the principal with the purple dust thingy!" Alexis said quickly. "Oh, alright! Good luck then!" Keith waved at them as they waved back and left the room. "I thought we were safe from it for now, but apparently not." Lando said as they walked over to Alexis' dormitory.

"I don't know what we can do now." Alexis said as she opened the door of her dormitory. "Maybe just stop combining our abilities in the first place." Lando sighed as he sat on Alexis' bed. "Yeah, that might not be that bad..." Alexis closed the door and sat on the bed next to him. "At least we tried to avoid this happening." Lando said.

"Mhm, that's true. It's just sad that it's already over, one day is so quick." Alexis said as she laid her head on Lando's shoulder. "I haven't been able to teach you much about magic what the whole point of this was." Lando said. "You kinda did, we're both even stronger now that we created the purple flame." Alexis smiled a bit.

"In that way, yeah. But I don't think that that's what the principal meant when she asked me to be your tutor." Lando chuckled a bit. "I'm still glad that we've met, even if it only lasted a day." Alexis smiled. "Then we can make this the best day ever." Lando said and looked at Alexis. "You already did, dummy." Alexis laughed.

"How so?" Lando asked. "Just the fact that you were here to make all those memories with me." Alexis smiled. "I'm sure there will be even more ones in the future." Lando said as he looked Alexis in the eyes once more. "I think so too." Alexis said as she looked at Lando in the same comforting way he did.

They stared at each other for a while, while sharing a comforting silence when suddenly the principal came into the room which abruptly broke the silence.