Chapter Twenty-Four: Marinette

Marinette got back at Biana by purposefully doing her pigtails again. Right in front of Biana.

But when she had finally been done annoying Biana, she felt her fears about this Foxfire arise again.

Ice began to crawl along the floor.

Breathe, she mentally commanded herself, feeling the ice recede once she calmed down.

She really needed to work on not freezing things every time she got scared.

But she kept tugging at her emerald green tunic. Supposed to be her Foxfire uniform (she was itching to get back into her snuggly pink capris, but Alden and Della had said that she couldn't at Foxfire). And she didn't know what half the gadgets were in her bag.

At least she recognized the quill pens and notebooks.

And pretty much everyone but Keefe and Fitz were in Level Four as well (for some reason, they were split into eight different levels, with the first starting when you were around eleven), so at least she wouldn't be alone in this.

But from what she'd heard lately, Foxfire had been on hiatus for a while thanks to the Neverseen.

Marinette gripped her bag tighter. She prayed that there wouldn't be any more attacks.

She was already scared coming in and having to see the fact that everyone was gonna be way ahead of her.

One wrong move and everyone would know she was really a human.

Marinette bit her lip.

You can do this, she thought. You can do this. You can do this.

"You okay?"

Marinette jumped, turning to see Keefe, clad in all white.

"I don't know," she sighed. "I guess I'm just a little worried, that's all."

"You'll be fine," Keefe said. "Foster adjusted pretty well. I'm sure you'll do just the same, if not even better than her. But, I will request that you explode a serum on Lady Galvin's cape if you ever get her. Foster did the same thing and it went all over the school."

Marinette snorted.

"Yeah, let's hope I don't do that," she said. "And hopefully not freeze anything. Or accidentally slip that I'm actually human..."

The strap of her bag began to freeze over.

"Ugh, how can you turn it off?" she groaned, staring at the small snowflake patterns the ice had made.

"I'm not sure," Keefe said. "I don't think you can really 'turn off' an ability. It's all about learning control. I'm sure you'll get help controlling it. And Dex's mom is a Froster too."

"But I remember Mr. Forkle saying something about how I'm not like any Frosters," Marinette pointed out. "How am I supposed to get help if I have powers unlike others?"

Keefe wasn't sure how to respond.

"Uh..." he said. "One step at a time. We should probably try and get to Foxfire before worrying about all this."

"Yeah," Marinette said, trying to get rid of the ice. "I think I'm ready to go."

"Good, because everyone's waiting for us," Keefe let out a small smirk.

Really, she was wondering how in the world Keefe and Adrien could make the exact same smirk without even trying to copy each other.