Charted 17

I'm trying to make my chapters longer, trust me cx I get distracted easily. but I got this drink thing (Bliss Neuro®) and it reduces stress and enhances your focus. I'm hoping it'll help me stay focused on my writing.

***

Vic

Amanda and I have been spending lots of time together. I didn't want her to feel neglected and hateful. Its been nice to spend so much time with her, but I've needed some alone time as well.

Amanda wanted me to take her car and go see some of my friends. I hated lying to her, but I didn't want to see them. I just needed my own space to clear my mind.

I park her car on the edge of a beautiful cliff with a beautiful view.

"Youre right, Amanda. This world is a goddamn horror show. But sometimes, it beautiful as well," I sigh.

Why is society so difficult?

Its the last day of Christmas break, yet we didn't even celebrate Christmas. I don't think Amanda and Caleb ever celebrate holidays.

***Flashback to Christmas day a couple of days ago.***

"Good morning. Merry Christmas!"

Amanda and Caleb glare me.

"What?"

"Christmas can suck my ass," Amanda continued slicing potatoes.

"Then why is there a Christmas tree--"
I hadn't even noticed there wasn't one there in the first place.

"Just go back to sleep. We'll finish breakfast. Shoo shoo," Caleb waved me off.

***Back to reality.***

I open the car door and get out.

I stand over the cliff, my hands shoved in my pockets.

Welcome to the real world, kid.

The scent of meadowsweet and pecan trees waver under my nose until I get hungry.

I lift my wrist to look at my watch, but I had forgotten to put it on this morning.

"Dammit." I walk back to the car and get my phone out.

"3:51. Food wouldn't hurt."

I get back to the car and decide to go get some Jack In the Box.

***

Amanda

Vic had been away for more than two hours and he hasn't texted me, letting me know he was alright and safe. I start to worry.

"Caleb!"

"What?"

"Where are your car keys?"

"Why?"

"I think I left my bag in your car."

"On the rack."

I race over to the small rack hanging on our wall and grab Caleb's keys.

I unlock Caleb's car door and search for his phone. (He always leaves it in here to "dare peasants to come and steal it.")

Toothbrush.

Hair brush.

Eyelash curler-- probably one of his sluts.

Textbook.

Bingo.

Caleb's fancy Galaxy phone.

I type in his password (which by the way, he doesn't know I know) and look through his messages.

The last time he texted Vic was Friday (the day is Sunday).

"Why are you looking through his phone?"

I turn around, ready to slap whoever was behind me.

I see the familiar face and lower my hand.

"Jesus, Vic! You can't keep sneaking up on me like that!"

"Like what? Like this?"

Vic scoops me up from behind and twirls around with me in his arms.

"Vic! Someone will see!" I desperately try to keep my giggles to a low volume.

"So? Let's let the whole world know about Amanda and Vic; World's Cutest Couple."

"If only," I laugh as he puts me down.

"So, why were you snooping?"

"Snooping? I wasn't snooping."

Vic raises his eyebrows. "Really?"

"Really."

"You're sure?"

"Positive."

"Only fools are positive."

"You sure?"

"Positive-- dammit."

We laugh at the familiar quote and walk back into the apartment.

"Looks like the two had a run in," Caleb announces as we walk in.

"Yeah. This idiot decided to knock my bag out of my hands."

"You started it," Vic snapped back.

"Okay, okay."

Vic and I secretly smile at his stupidity to not be able to see right through our lies.

"I'm going to get laid. I'll be back around noon tomorrow. Peace out homebuggies."

"You're almost never here," I sigh while Caleb walks out of the door, completely ignoring me.

"And more time for us," Vic says whilst he scoops me up after Caleb had shut the door.

I laugh and ask, "Did you have fun with your friends?"

Vic nodded and carried me to his bedroom.

***

c; next chapter might might bring you into the room with them. But no smut, I swear. Not yet, at least c; let me know if you want me to write smut in this story. Still deciding..