Chapter 3

Just imagine all of this happening between you and Vic.

***

Amanda

I drove around town for a bit, trying to see if anything changed while I was at Florida.

I noticed a couple of buildings that weren't there a year ago.

I drove around the mall parking lot until I found an empty space and parked my navy blue mustang.

(A/N I don't know any cars besides mustangs.)

I sat in my car for a couple of minutes until my phone rang.

I picked up my iPhone 5s and looked at the caller ID.

It was an unknown number.

I answered and started the conversation with a simple, "Hello?"

"Hey, could you pick me up from the apartment? My car is out of gas and Caleb went out."

"Vic, how did you get my number?"

"Caleb told me."

"And he can't pick you, why?"

"He's busy."

"So am I."

"What are you doing that makes you so busy?"

I looked around my surroundings and just gripped my steering wheel.

"Where do you need to go?"

"The mall."

"Bay brook?"

"Yep."

"Okay. Just be ready by the time I'm there or I'm leaving without you."

"Aye aye, captain."

I took my phone away from ear and ending the call. I made Vic a contact and put my phone away while I put my car into reverse.

***

I pulled into the apartment parking space and parked my car. I got out and unlocked the door.

I walked into the apartment to fine the kitchen and living room empty.

I walked down the hall and knocked on Vic's door.

"Hey. Are you ready?"

"Yeah! Let me grab my keys."

I rolled my eyes and walked away from his door.

I heard the jingle of keys and the sound of a door opening and shutting.

I turned around and found Vic looking down at me with a smile.

He was wearing a dark brown beanie with his long curly hair. He had on a Ghost Town shirt with a pokemon sweater and black skinny jeans.

"Ready?"

"Yeah." I started to walk out of the door when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, thanks for taking me."

I looked up at Vic with a confused face and just smiled.

"No problem. I might has well get used to living with you." I opened the door and headed for the elevator.

We both stepped in the elevator and I pushed Floor 1.

We both just stood there, knowing it would quite a while until we got down.

I looked down at my feet and started switching my weight from one foot to another.

"Soo," Vic said, trying to take Tue awkwardness away but just adding more.

"I like your shoes." I immediately regretted what I said and kept my face down, trying to hide my blushing excuse for a face.

I heard Vic chuckle then he just replied a simple, "Thanks."

The elevator doors opened and I almost cried out in joy.

I headed to the car with a texting Vic following me.

I stopped at my car's door handle and started to pull it open when I got knocked over.

I looked up and saw Vic look up from his phone and look down at me.

"I'm sorry."

He walked over me and stepped on my right ring finger.

Such a gentleman.

I got up and dusted myself off before getting into my newly refurbished car.

I put my keys in the ignition and started up the car.

Once we were on the road, Vic put his phone down.

"Why do you need to go to the mall?"

"I'm meeting girl."

"What's her name?"

"I dunno. Its just going to be a one night stand then I'll dump her somewhere."

I nodded and chuckled to myself at the man sitting next to me. By next week, there would be a new girl.

I pulled up to the mall and parked.

"Have fun with.. What's her name?"

"Amanda."

"Hey, that's my name!"

"Sure is."

I looked over at him to see him staring at me. Me Amanda? Or some other Amanda?

"Caleb told me you would be here so I thought it would be a good time to get to know each other. Especially since we're living together."