A Bookshelf Multiverse

Part of leaping forward, and back, in time may require popping in, and out, of your home timeline. By this I mean changing dimension, changing timeline, parallel universes or whatever else is out there.

If you are trying to leap about in time. And space. You may quickly need to develop a set of road rules for safe time travel.

You will also need to develop some sort of road map to avoid becoming lost in time, and or space.

My idea of a time travel road map looks something like a bookshelf multiverse.

The road map includes timelines, parallel universes and dimensions. These are visualized like books stacked along a bookshelf. Or several bookshelves. Or a whole library. Or many libraries. The size increases for however big the multiverse is.

The concept of a timeline book is based on time resetting again and again to make many pages in a book. Time traveling at a constant speed and a curved path causes time to eventually bend back on itself.  So time travels back where it started.  A new timeline then starts as time starts another lap.

All the timelines in your dimension stack together like pages in a timeline book.

If you travel back in time and change any page. This most likely would affect future pages. In effect you have created a new time stream or another timeline book. There could be many timeline books on your bookshelf.

And there could be many timeline bookshelves. Each representing different dimensions.

There could be libraries of timeline bookshelves. This could go on and on for however many possible timelines in the multiverse.

The road map through a timeline book has set directions. You can travel through time on a timeline page. You can travel between time laps, from the time in one page to the same time on another, by drilling through the pages.  And you can travel across the start of timelines by using the binding of the timeline book as a bridge between pages.

Timeline books define the structure of your existence. Damage the books at your own peril. The main rule is to avoid any road maps that can cause timelines to be folded or torn out of existence. The time laps need to stay consistent in distance. One lap must finish before the next can start.

.