Runways

Runways are anomalies within the multiverse that provide stable gateways between  entry points between dimensions.  These entry points are hidden in the layers between the void and our world.  The entry points interconnect via covert paths exploiting any vulnerabilities at each layer.

They are a tool for dark shadows to exert their influence outside their shadows.  Although  trapped between the void and the layers between worlds.  Dark shadows are still incredibly powerful and egress their will through creating and exploiting any vulnerability and loophole available.    Just like how king pins can still run crime gangs in the outside world from within prison. 

Runways are used as a means of landing roots through to beings within the real world.  Successfully landing through a runway provides connection with these beings and gains freedom through their movements.  In this way dark shadows can still receive information and exert some control from within their confinement via use of external influences and senses.  

Runways are typically locations that remain unused throughout time regardless of which dimension.  They form within containers that hold only air and are rarely disturbed by arriving mass.  They need to be adjacent to containers with mass to exert some influence.  This allows roots to reach out from the runway to connect with neighboring solid matter.  The roots themselves are not solid matter and do not have any mass.  Rather, they are communications connections conducting through the mass to connect with living creatures.  The range of this communications is limited in distance but is not limited by time or dimension.

Time communications is explained earlier in this book.  By reaching out from a runway a dark shadow can be near enough for it to use time communications to sense and interact as it desires while monitoring back and forward along passing timeline pages.

Runways need to be near enough to living things to be effective which makes it hard for the right conditions to apply.  The closer a runway is to activity the more likely mass will enter its containers and decrease its effectiveness or make it inoperable.  Some dark shadows have manipulated the world around an important runway to keep it open.  The runway could be in an old house attic or yard where the there is little activity and people are influenced to keep it that way.  I call any people involved in this Watchers.

Watchers tend to always converge along their timelines to be where they need to be.  They always end up in the same area around a runway and manage to preserve it as best they can.  Achieving this is another example of how dark shadows can influence the real world.

The path along runways can be used in the reverse direction.  It is possible that when near a runway a person's time communication can reach farther than normal.  It provides time communications with others not only next to you and across pages of your timeline book.  But also to form covert communications channels that reach out to other runways that could be anywhere in the multiverse.  

This additional communications can become addictive to Watchers and is part of the reason why they keep converging back to the same area no matter what page of the timeline book they are on.  Now add this additional communications to someone who can reach through their subconscious and hear this form of communications and you have someone who is truly special.