33. ARRANGEMENTS

The meeting ended shortly after Nagini's meal

The meeting ended shortly after Nagini's meal. Lucy was suddenly glad she had not eaten dinner that evening. However, many Death Eaters stayed behind, chatting amongst one another. Lucy was helping to put the drawing-room back together, starting with her favorite armchair. Draco had disappeared with his father, much to her disappointment. However, just as she went to wave her wand, she was interrupted.

"Lucille,"

Lucy knew that hoarse, gruff voice. She turned around slowly to be face to face with her father and Yaxley. A wicked grin rested upon his bearded face.

"Yes?" she asked impatiently.

"Come, there is someone I'd like you to talk to," he ordered, grabbing on tightly to her wrist.

At this, Yaxley disappeared out of the drawing-room, his greasy blonde ponytail swaying behind him.

He pulled her towards the side of the room where Theo stood with his father, chatting quietly with another wizard.

"Nott?" her father barked, motioning for them to join them. What frightened Lucy was the smile the man returned to him. Theo followed, and the group of men and Lucy stood in somewhat of a circle, with Theo right next to Lucy.

"Orion," he greeted with a nod before his eyes, green like Theo's, fell on Lucy. "Lucille, a pleasure to see you,"

"Likewise," she replied stiffly with a fake smile upon her pink lips.

"Now, Lucille," began her father curtly. "We have a slight problem, you see. Your relationship with the Malfoy boy is reflecting poorly onto us, especially given their...reputation...after the incident at the Ministry,"

Lucy remained quiet as she searched his face for what he was about to say. She didn't give a damn about her father's reputation, to be quite honest.

"It was always your mother and I's wish for you to marry a reputable young man from a pureblood family,"  he continued, before his eyes landed on Theo.

He dared to bring up her mother.

"What do you mean?" she demanded, glancing over at Theo, who was staring down at his feet. Her heart began to pound in her chest.

"Theodore here, is just that, and more! He would make a far better husband than that weak Malfoy boy," barked Orion.

"Thank you, sir," Theo said softly, still looking down.

"Furthermore, Mr. Nott here has agreed this arrangement would be beneficial for both of out families,"

"And we just have no say in it?" Lucy asked impatiently.

"Why wouldn't you agree? You and Theodore are good friends, are you not?"

"Well yes, but—!"

"Then I see no reason for you to oppose this. It's not like I'm marrying you off to some stranger. You two may wed after you graduate Hogwarts this year," Orion declared triumphantly.