.

#0/Alan's PoV

Once she'd stopped crying, and finished her drink, I turned on the TV and put on her comfort show, letting her curl up in my side with a blanket. We got to about episode 9 of the muppets before she fell asleep, and I left her for an extra 20 minutes before taking her upstairs. She shifted slightly in her sleep as I tucked her into bed, but at least she was sleeping. It was something that many of us needed, but didn't get much of anymore. I quietly shut the door behind me as I left the room, and headed back downstairs to find Chris. He was playing a game of Fortnite on my PS5, and I groaned when I saw that he was using my account to do so.
"You're going to ruin my reputation. Fortnite is trash. I can't have my fans thinking I'm prioritising that over CoD!" He chuckled and left the game, patting his lap for me to sit on.
"You're adorable. And you smell nice." He nuzzled his face into my hair, pulling me closer to him.
"Really, Chris? That's how you're going to play this? Complimenting me so I forgive you?" He smirked and pushed me backwards onto the sofa.
"I've got other things I could do."
"Chris, there's a teenage girl upstairs who is sleeping. Anything like that would wake her up and she needs to rest."
He pouted at me, but kissed my cheek as he pulled me up.
"Fine. But I want extra hugs in bed."

The next morning, I woke to Chris trying to detangle his arms from around my waist so he could get up. I rolled over, freeing his arm, and grabbed my phone from the side, texting Gunnar.

-Hey man, picked up 13 yesterday, gonna keep her around for a bit, not sure if she's completely stable.

I knew he'd alert Ace of the situation, so I didn't bother telling him and the rest of the team. I got out of bed and headed downstairs to cook breakfast. Iselin was sat at the counter already, tapping away on Chris's laptop.
"How was your sleep? You looked like you needed it."
She looked up at me.
"It was average. Didn't have as many nightmares as usual."
Putting three plates on the side, I turned the stove on and started frying some bacon, glancing over at what she was doing.
"Guess you can't beat a good old laptop for production, huh?"
"I never got the hang of running FL through holograms. Too many windows at once to focus on the music," She replied, closing the laptop and joining me by the oven.
"Here. You should add salt and pepper to those scrambled eggs, it makes them taste better." She sprinkled the spices into the pan, stirring them in with a wooden spoon she managed to find before me. She handed the spoon over to me and took the frying pan of bacon instead. After doing god knows what that made it smell absolutely delicious, she told me that it would need flipping in a minute, and went back to Chris's laptop. The notes started to emit from the computer's speakers mere seconds later, the melodies slowly forming as she worked intently on the new track.
"B flat minor? Iselin, that's depressing, even by your standards. Even the song you wrote about Ed wasn't in that key." She scowled at me over the top of the laptop,
"Fuck you and your perfect pitch. Chris just said it sounded sad."
I chuckled.
"You want to meet up with Ken or someone? I know you like working with other people on your tracks."
"No. This song's mine and mine alone."
I picked up the tounges from the side and flipped the bacon in the pan, hearing it sizzle pleasantly.
"It was just a suggestion. I think Martin's up in Tromsø at the minute with Tim, if you wanted to meet up for a chat, non music related."
She just shrugged.
"Iselin, I know you're annoyed and blaming yourself, but what happened wasn't your fault. Some things in life you can't control."
She groaned, shutting the laptop and sliding it to the side.
"Is that bacon done? I'm hungry..."

Despite asking for it, she barely picked at her food, mainly pushing it around on her plate distractedly. I sighed.
"Do you want to go visit them?"
She hesitated, before nodding slowly.
"Eat something, I don't even care what at this point, and put some clean clothes on, then we can go back. Snuppa [babe], has Ken dropped our headphones back yet?!" I asked Chris as he walked in.
"Yeah, he came around while you two were watching the Muppets yesterday. I gave him Ise's set for repair, but she can borrow mine if you're planning to go somewhere."
I nodded, and set a plate down for him to eat while I packed up some food for us to take back to Birmingham.

It was half an hour before Iselin reappeared, wearing a pair of battered cargos and the same hoodie I had lent her the day before, burying herself in the well-worn fabric and looking very much worse for wear. Chris handed over our headphones and I grabbed Ise's hand, I'm not sure if either of us knew whether it was for reassurance or to prevent her from making another run for it.

Birmingham City centre was more crowded than the previous day. The sun had come out (as much as British weather allowed for at least) and new street was packed full of shoppers and tourists alike. The train to the hospital, less so, and it was clear enough that Iselin was dragging herself through some stuff on the short journey.
"You OK? We don't have to do this." I told her, pulling her into a hug as we got off at the station.

"Probably not. But I do need to, I want-" She choked back tears.

"I need to say goodbye, at least."

A/N: Ayyyyyyyy we got an update. :D this chapter brought to you by outrageously long wait times at Thorpe Park (who tf thought 110 minutes was an acceptable queue line??) and the four week break between Singapore and  Austin that's practically got me begging to see car go fast.

See y'all around whenever I next remember to update this bad boi.