•24•

I groan as I throw a pair of shorts on and walk down the stairs.

My sleep was interrupted by someone ringing the doorbell.

Whoever is at the door begins to bang on it making me frustrated. I swing the door open and yell, "what the fuck do you want!?"

I'm greeted with two of the pack boys with tool boxes. The one glares at me making me glare back, "your aunt wanted us to come over and fix the shelves." I roll my eyes and allow them to come in. I close the door and motion to the broken shelves from the other night.

"Knock yourselves out. I'm going back to my room. Let yourselves out."

"You aren't going to stay down here?" I stop my walking and turn back around, "why would I stay down here?"

"Because two guys are in your house. We could steal something or try to hurt you."

He gasps seeing a knife in the wall next to him. "If you know what's good for you, you won't do any of those things."

With that, I walk back up the stairs and close my door. I flip back down on my bed and sigh out in content. I try to close my eyes and go back sleep but I realize I'm not sleepy anymore. I groan and situate myself so I'm comfortable and begin to watch tv.

Ziggy jumps up on so my bed and lays on my lap. I pet him making him pur in satisfaction. My stomach grumbles and I roll my eyes.

"You hungry zig?" He looks at me with wide eyes. "You can have strawberries but you have to have actual cat food as well." I explain as I grab him. I carry him downstairs and walk into the kitchen. I see the two boys putting the one shelf back together. I set ziggy down and grab some of the food Amethyst made for him. I warm the rice and turkey up for a few seconds so it's luke warm,and place it in his bowl. He stares at me and I shake my head, "strawberries come after, eat that first." He meows at me and I roll my eyes.

"You are so hardheaded, Ziggy eat the food first."

"At you arguing with a cat?"

"Yes."

"I don't think he can understand you." I scoff.

"He can understand me perfectly fine."

The two boys look at eachother then back at me. "It's a cat.... It's not a human."

"I think you two forget you're in a house with a demon and witch hybrid. He's not a normal cat, he's a familiar."

The one boy drops the screw driver and gives me his full attention. "What's a familiar?"

"A supernatural entity that guides a witch in their journey. I got Ziggy when I was 6 after an incident."

They hum and look at Ziggy, "so like, what exactly has he done for you?"

"You mean besides begging me for strawberries? He has guided me certain situations." They nod and look back at him. By now he has started eating the food, basically scarfing it down.

Knowing he will beg for them once I start eating, I grab some strawberries and begin cutting them up. Once I'm done I pour them into his bowl along with some water.

"So like, have you killed anyone?" The smaller of the two hits the bigger one. I roll my eyes at their antics, "why? are you scared?"

"Me? Psh no." He laughs but glances at me quickly.

I chuckle and grab my phone, choosing to not answer his question. I scroll through yelp trying to find somewhere that delivers that isn't pizza. I'm feeling Chinese food.